The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2018, 07:11 AM   #1
hogfarm

inter fenders

As I am putting the front clip on my 58,things are lining up OK.I did weld all the fenders and grill support together and included the inter fenders.well where the bottom of the inter fenders and the cab meet the holes don't line up I did have the brackets off and do to my age I don't know if I put them back on right.could someone get me a picture?
Thanks
hogfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
DransportGarage

Re: inter fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarm View Post
As I am putting the front clip on my 58,things are lining up OK.I did weld all the fenders and grill support together and included the inter fenders.well where the bottom of the inter fenders and the cab meet the holes don't line up I did have the brackets off and do to my age I don't know if I put them back on right.could someone get me a picture?
Thanks
"Install the lower firewall brackets such that nuts are on the driver's side of both brackets."

This is true for '55 second series trucks. Maybe a '58 owner can confirm that this is true or false for a '58. Sorry, no picture. My truck is apart.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
_Ogre

not good pictures of either bracket, you can see them both, yes they both go the same way, not mirrored
not sure what you welded up, most of the bolts holes are slotted for adjustment purposes
you may have a problem lining up fenders and door gaps
Attached Images

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
OrrieG

What Ogre said, just about everything has to be loosely bolted so you can get the door and hood gaps right and body accent horizontal line to line up with the door line. I had to add shims between the radiator brace and inner fenders/fenders to get the hood gap right and square. Firewall brackets go the same way not mirrored too.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote