The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Truck vs Burb vs Blazer seats

So I see posts for people looking for this or that seats and I know some are interchangeable ... sort of.

I know a front bench seat from a truck and a burb are the same except the burb has the back of the seat covered.

My assumption is that all blazers have buckets in front (I don't know blazers).

My guess is that all buckets are the exact same. 72 blazer and a 72 truck with the same interior color option the buckets would be interchangeable in both.

Im pretty sure buddies were in trucks and burbs. I think the burb version had some sort of provision so the middle seat wouldn't flop backwards. No idea if you could get buddies with a blazer.

One of the burb back seat options (dunno which) is interchangeable with the back seat of the blazer. But I don't know if the way it mounts is the same. The frame work might be different?

It would be great to clear this all up.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
Spartan

Re: Truck vs Burb vs Blazer seats

I'll start with the low hanging fruit. No buddy bucket seats in 69. That rules out blazers. That being said I put buddies in my 69 3/4 ton and they bolted right up in place of the bench. Therefore I would assume a bench seat blazer or suburban would accept buddies as well. Since I'm still a noob where these trucks are concerned Ill stop there.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
Livrat
Member #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
So I see posts for people looking for this or that seats and I know some are interchangeable ... sort of.

I know a front bench seat from a truck and a burb are the same except the burb has the back of the seat covered.

My assumption is that all blazers have buckets in front (I don't know blazers).
Correct, all Blazers came with bucket seats

My guess is that all buckets are the exact same. 72 blazer and a 72 truck with the same interior color option the buckets would be interchangeable in both.
69 and 70 buckets had different foam and covers than 71-72, panels and Blazers could have the optional "Utililty" buckets which are wider and had a metal back

Im pretty sure buddies were in trucks and burbs. I think the burb version had some sort of provision so the middle seat wouldn't flop backwards. No idea if you could get buddies with a blazer.
Correct, no buddies in a blazer

One of the burb back seat options (dunno which) is interchangeable with the back seat of the blazer. But I don't know if the way it mounts is the same. The frame work might be different?
Burbs came with either a two row or three row seating option, If it had the two row option the second seat was wider than the three row option, The burbs with the three row seat option have the exact same seat frames as the Blazer back seat, A burb middle seat has different mounting brackets than a Blazer, A burb rear seat is a bolt in for a Blazer. (one difference I have found in both a burb rear seat and a Blazer rear seat is some have 2 rear mount stanchions and some have 4, I have not found any rhyme or reason as to which had 2 and which had 4 stanchions

It would be great to clear this all up.
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
Bigdav160

My memory being what it is....

Isn't there a GM advertisement with a Blazer sporting bench seat? I guess it was nixed before production.

Was the utility buckets standard with the Blazer or the sport buckets? I presume the sport buckets passenger platform was the same for Suburban and truck while the Blazer had folding.

Somewhere recently someone posted a SPID (might have been Suburban) with a HD bucket seat option. Utility buckets in a Suburban? IDK
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

This was meant as an information thread not a for sale thread. Besides preciador6 you are not allowed to sell on the board unless you are a subscriber.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:49 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciador6 View Post
I have both pairs, utility and sport buckets ..utility buckets brackets are taller any one need measurements let me know.��
Let me correct you. You don't have utility buckets, that is a later seat. '73-up brackets are taller.

There were three K/5 seats:

Standard- Utility buckets, and the passenger bucket is an option.
Optional- Bucket seats only, no console. The upholstery resembles basket weave, IIRC. Similar to the bench
CST- Scroll pattern w/console.

K/5 seats are same upholstery as all 10-30s. trucks no back, Suburban and K/5 have plastic backs

Utility buckets have steel backs. Available in K/5 standard, Panel Truck (all), and I believe we have had a rare Suburban or two here. I never thought Suburban. If no one else remembers or has one, I was right.

Panel Truck had one seat standard (driver side ), second seat optional.

On Panels with standard single seat floor has no provision for outer seat bracket mounting

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #7
70STOVEBOLT

Uh, this thread is about truck vs blazer vs burb. No panels allowed...

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
preciador6

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Let me correct you. You don't have utility buckets, that is a later seat. '73-up brackets are taller.

Optional- Bucket seats only, no console. The upholstery resembles basket weave, IIRC. Similar to the bench

K/5 seats are same upholstery as all 10-30s. trucks no back, Suburban and K/5 have plastic backs

Utility buckets have steel backs. Available in K/5 standard, Panel Truck (all), and I believe we have had a rare Suburban or two here. I never thought Suburban. If no one else remembers or has one, I was right.

On Panels with standard single seat floor has no provision for outer seat bracket mounting
they have steel backs ��and came out a 72 Blazer
Attached Images

Last edited by preciador6; 02-17-2018 at 09:31 AM.
preciador6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
preciador6

Gm
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Ok, I see that now. In the picture you had up before I thought they looked like hi-backs and tapered sides. Is that a utility bucket in front of the other? That's the one I saw and it still looks different to me.

I have a Panel driver side and it's brackets are also longer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-17-2018 at 10:14 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #11
K5_Knox

"Optional- Bucket seats only, no console." How do you know if your Blazer had a console, besides the holes of course? I've seen a lot of blazer that did not have the rear seat holes drilled, is it the same if the blazer did not come with a passenger seat or console (no holes drilled)?

Quote:

K5_Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #12
preciador6

Quote:
Ok, I see that now. In the picture you had up before I thought they looked like hi-backs and tapered sides. Is that a utility bucket in front of the other? That's the one I saw and it still looks different to me.

I have a Panel driver side and it's brackets are also longer.
Yes same...they are driver with brackets and passenger missing brackets......someone erased other pics,same hight as sport buckets just wider.