The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
rtinniste

3100 s10 swap parking brake ideas

Hey guys cant remember if I came across this yet or not. But what is everyone doing for their parking brake set up.
I don't have the s10 parking brake has anyone rigged up a lokar unit or made the stock parking brake pedal work with the s10 frame?

I'm using a 80's s10 frame with a 4wd blazer disc brake rear end
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: 3100 s10 swap parking brake ideas

You can get a foot pedal type from a 70's car or truck and run the cable out the firewall and down under and connect to the S10 cables
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #3
joedoh

for that matter the s10 pedal would bolt to the sidewall, you could probably even use the factory brake release handle under the dash.

the disc brake blazer rears take special e brake cables, just the rear section is different, so you could use a longbed pedal/frant cable/mid cable but you would need the disc rear cables.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
dsraven

you could bring the rear cables up to a point alongside the outside of the frame under the cab, like a stock s10. you could just use a stock s10 pedal mounted to the kickpanel. the stock s10 pedal cable exits through the floor right under the pedal and would have enough cable to get you to the termination point bracket (for the outer cable part to end). it would need a bracket on the frame for the outer to terminate in, another stock s10 part. then the inner part would be longer past that. connect the dots with a fabbed up cable the right length. it would be a simple cable, like the inner part with a ball on each end and would connect with stock connector parts available at the junk yard.if you have a stock s10 frame then you can probably find all the stuff you need at the junk yard from another s10 with your style of rear end (disc or drum, whatever you are running). the original handbrake could be adapted as well if you like using the same theory. 4x4 parts places or hydraulic parts places can usually hook you up with a custom cable if all you need is the connector link part to connect the dots between the front and the rear cables.
dsraven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #5
joedoh

I was cleaning the garage today and found a set of the disc rear ebrake cables, I thought I had thrown them away.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote