The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Nodnarb76

Chrome bumper quality

I am looking to replace my front and rear bumpers soon. I have been looking at the LMC Premium Chrome bumpers which will be about $455 shipped to my house. I have also been looking at some cheaper bumpers on ebay, and Rock Auto.
I have a friend who went cheap on his dodge ram bumper a while back and the bumper looked like someone chrome plated rust. The chrome was horrible and looked very rough.
I am worried if I go too cheap, I will end up with a bumper like my friend got.
Has anyone had any experience with ebay, Rock Auto bumpers? If so what are they like?

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Chrome bumper quality

I bought an aftermarket rear from FEY bumpers about five years ago and it is beautiful to this day on the chrome the black step however faded and I wound up repainting that... the LMC front bumper almost immediately started with little pock marks of rust. I was told its because it needs to be constantly waxed and cleaned by LMC... id not got hat route again

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Desert_Eagle02

I bought an Auto Metal Direct rear bumper last year for $189.99. Came straight as an arrow, no dents or scratches. And the chrome looks great. Am happy with it.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle02 View Post
I bought an Auto Metal Direct rear bumper last year for $189.99. Came straight as an arrow, no dents or scratches. And the chrome looks great. Am happy with it.
i did the same, go with AMD and buy it from summit or jegs, you'll save a ton on shipping and it there's a problem, you wont get the run around with a return

my AMD front and rear bumpers i got from jegs lined up perfect and the chrome looks awesome, heavy too
bigarmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #5
TexasJeff
Don't Crush em Restore em

I bought the LMC bumper, had it on my truck for years, the chrome held up good, I did have to repaint the area around the hitch, that seem to fade pretty quickly.
1998 Red with Gray Interior, C3500 Chevy Crew Cab Dually
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #6
4shongo

Just bought both my AMD chrome bumpers from Matt's Classic Bowtie for $204 shipped each. That's the best deal I could find any where and they have great customer service.
4shongo is offline   Reply With Quote