The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #26
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Re: New LS Standalone Harness

Connectors are all marked Delphi

I do not see any markings on the wires...so not sure about those.
Rabid Anti-Dentite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #27
Willie Makeit

Based on what you see on the wire lengths, where would the ECM need to be mounted with this kit?
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 AM   #28
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
Based on what you see on the wire lengths, where would the ECM need to be mounted with this kit?
So I am building a 54 3100 on an S10 frame and I will be mounting the ECM either under the dash or along the drivers side cowl panel. I have not measured the length of the harness, but it is longer than the stock. The fuse block will mount next to the ECM, wherever that ends up going.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #29
skyphix

Did you have to label the wires or did they come labeled like that? Apologies if I missed it in the thread.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #30
nsb29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
Did you have to label the wires or did they come labeled like that? Apologies if I missed it in the thread.
They were not marked in the original pictures
Old 02-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #31
skyphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
They were not marked in the original pictures
Just saw that - totally missed the original "received" photo. Thanks!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #32
Daaaanz67

Subbed.
Daaaanz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #33
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
Just saw that - totally missed the original "received" photo. Thanks!
Yeah, I did that based off of the instructions. Figured it would make things a little easier.

I planned on posting instructions yesterday, but I got called to travel for work. So I will scan them next week and upload them. One thing that was interesting is that on the PSI website, they offer instructions. But when you go to click on them, they have been removed due to "unauthorized" use.

So it could mean one of two things. Either this harness is made for PSI, and the whole "we are the only ones who make the harness" thing is true, or this harness that I bought just stole the instructions from PSI.

Does anyone have a PSI harness for an LM7 and maybe we can compare a few things? See which is which.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #34
mongocanfly
Post Whore

ive got a PSI harness for mine..but mines for a manual transmission

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #35
Andyking1203

This is a hell of a deal of this thing works!!! Has there been any progress?
Andyking1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:18 AM   #36
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyking1203 View Post
This is a hell of a deal of this thing works!!! Has there been any progress?
No I am still building the entire truck. I am sending the ECM out this coming week to get flashed. I am thinking in about 1 month I will be wiring everything up
Old 03-01-2019, 05:20 AM   #37
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
ive got a PSI harness for mine..but mines for a manual transmission
Do your ECM connectors and what not look the same? What is the writing on the heat shrink on your positive starter wires? Looking to see if anything matches. None of my wires have writing on them other than the 2 red starter wires.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #38
65blackfleetside

Looks very much like my $650 harness that BP made for me. The quality on your chinese harness looks good. I hope it works awesome for you! From my experience the chinese quality can be decent but consistency is a challenge throughout most of asia. You could order 1 of these it works great- the next forum member gets one and it has all kinds of issues with it.

Throughout this latest build of mine, I ended up buying a few parts /items twice because of poor quality or bad choices on my part. I get angry at myself when this happens. The BP harness being $650 was a big chunk of cash to part with. After looking at all the work involved in building one of these, I can see where that $ price comes from especially with American labor. If yours chinese harness ends up having no issues than you just kept $400 in your pocket!
The Chinese are masters at reverse engineering- I have seen them make some excellent quality copies of so many tools auto parts etc. The problem is not that they are not capable of producing great quality it's that the chinese begin to water down materials for their own financial profit margins. As long as the chinese contract source is sticking to their original build spects agreement- the quality can be fine. This is where many American companies whom partner with China become frustrated. The Chinese manufacturing middle men, or the shop actually building the product eventually start using cheaper wire, connectors , solder etc. so that they can make more $$$. They do this without informing the customer that places the large order. This exact situation happened to one of my family members. Unless you are Apple or another billion dollar company- this quality control is a challenge. My relative ended up abandoning the China mainland contract and went with a Taiwan factory. He did say that he then went with a Taiwan and had excellent results with quality control.

Keep us posted - I am subscribing to hear the results!! I love it when myself and others on this forum are able to save money and not have to sacrifice quality!!
Old 03-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #39
nsb29

Just American jobs
Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #40
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
Just American jobs
One day I will build a hot rod using 100% American made parts. Until then, I will use what is available. Until I can afford $700 plus for a U.S assembled, probably made from foreign component harness, I will use this one.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #41
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65blackfleetside View Post
Looks very much like my $650 harness that BP made for me. The quality on your chinese harness looks good. I hope it works awesome for you! From my experience the chinese quality can be decent but consistency is a challenge throughout most of asia. You could order 1 of these it works great- the next forum member gets one and it has all kinds of issues with it.

Throughout this latest build of mine, I ended up buying a few parts /items twice because of poor quality or bad choices on my part. I get angry at myself when this happens. The BP harness being $650 was a big chunk of cash to part with. After looking at all the work involved in building one of these, I can see where that $ price comes from especially with American labor. If yours chinese harness ends up having no issues than you just kept $400 in your pocket!
The Chinese are masters at reverse engineering- I have seen them make some excellent quality copies of so many tools auto parts etc. The problem is not that they are not capable of producing great quality it's that the chinese begin to water down materials for their own financial profit margins. As long as the chinese contract source is sticking to their original build spects agreement- the quality can be fine. This is where many American companies whom partner with China become frustrated. The Chinese manufacturing middle men, or the shop actually building the product eventually start using cheaper wire, connectors , solder etc. so that they can make more $$$. They do this without informing the customer that places the large order. This exact situation happened to one of my family members. Unless you are Apple or another billion dollar company- this quality control is a challenge. My relative ended up abandoning the China mainland contract and went with a Taiwan factory. He did say that he then went with a Taiwan and had excellent results with quality control.

Keep us posted - I am subscribing to hear the results!! I love it when myself and others on this forum are able to save money and not have to sacrifice quality!!
Excellent write up, and I agree 100%. If this works out well, then I am money ahead, and if not, then lesson learned. I looked at all the sellers on eBay who are selling this same harness, and their feedback is good. So as long as that is real feedback, and the quality is staying consistent, I feel pretty good about my odds.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #42
TOYDOC

Very informative! Thank you!
TOYDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #43
72GreenMonster

Need to buy a harness myself.
$650 is tough to digest vs. $2 and change
If this works I would consider my chances.
When I look the website is confusing and
not sure whether the car vs truck connectors
and getting the wrong stuff is worth the head ache.

Keep us posted on the results
THank You
Old 03-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #44
dfarr67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65blackfleetside View Post

Hence the question about wire type.
dfarr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #45
RedRider

Well my harness came in the mail today, 10 days from order to receipt. It’s hard to see any issues with it at first glance, looks legit.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #46
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post
Well my harness came in the mail today, 10 days from order to receipt. It’s hard to see any issues with it at first glance, looks legit.

Looks good, how long are you thinking before you hook it up? I'm still at least a month away.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:14 PM   #47
RedRider

Quote:
That pic of your instruction sheet looks alot like the front of the PSI book....
Mongo, I believe your suspicions are correct. There’s several mentions of “PSI” in the instructions that they forgot to omit.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #48
aknovaman

Is it possible that PSI has their harnesses built overseas by the same company, writes their own instructions and sets their own price?
FMCDH GBU and GBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/aknovaman/videos
aknovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #49
mongocanfly
Post Whore

I would say it would be highly probable....seems that's where everything is made nowadays....
Even my Holley intake had a made in China cast on it...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #50
dfarr67

Quote:
I would say it would be highly probable....seems that's where everything is made nowadays....
Even my Holley intake had a made in China cast on it...
Doh.......don't tell me that.
dfarr67 is offline   Reply With Quote