The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Tiger Joe

heated seat issue

I have a very odd heated seat issue in my 07 sierra classic.

on the drivers side, the light for the low heat setting will stay on all the time, even when the truck is off. when this light is on, none of the memory seat functions will work. if you push either memory button 1 or 2, the light goes out while the button is depressed by then immediately comes back on.

I actually took the switch out and broke the light off the circuit board and bam everything works. so I ordered a new switch figuring something had shorted on the circuit board. wrong plug new switch in light comes right back on.

I cant seem to find anyone who had this issue before. the most common issues seem to be a short in the seat heating pad, or chaffed wires.

I'm going to try running the heaters tonight and then hit the seats with a infared thermometer to see if they are all working. after that my only other guess is a chaffed wire?

thought I'd see if anyone else had ever seen this before
Tiger Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
Tiger Joe

Re: heated seat issue

well I never got any help, but I'll leave a reply for anyone who might be searching this in the future and end up here

My problem turned out to be the Drivers Door Module (DDM). basically the power window switch. everything is routed through that switch.

I pulled my hair out for days trying to solve this, so if your seach leads you here good luck!
Tiger Joe is offline   Reply With Quote