The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
crakarjax

This site is out of date

I mostly come here for all of my info needs, but have been looking around at other car forums lately. This site has hardly changed at all in the 6 or so years I've been frequenting it, and it's clear in comparison that there's almost no effort going into improving it over time.

This is unfortunate, because there's a wealth of information here but it's hard to find it. I can't see people staying here long term or new members joining and becoming active without the features of competing forums, and I don't like that...
Old 01-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
flashed

Re: This site is out of date

What info do you have a hard time finding ,everything is sorted by year of truck .Im on other sites as well since I have other brand toys too but I find this site simple to use and all the info I need .I also think this site will continue to grow as its the best one out there .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Axle

Whats hard about it? You are not inundated with the overuse of flash or java (especially important for those of us on dialup), everything is easy to read, there is no loud in your face annoying stuff constantly cluttering up things. Change just to change is not always a good thing. Some of these "update" forums have become unusable for me due to connection limitations.

Alex.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
raggedjim

I've been on here since 2002 and I like that it doesn't change much (it does change, but never drastically), but I prefer substance over bling. Still the best site for 67-72 chevy trucks. I can find just about anything on this site, and if I can't find it then I ask and someone points me in the right direction.

You have the whole internet, find what you like, don't worry about the ones you don't like.

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
crakarjax

For starters, the FAQ sections don't seem well maintained -- they've become huge in and of themselves making it hard to find stuff.

There's no mechanism for rating threads; sure there are 1000 threads on the same subject but which have the best content? Let me sort by user rating. Let me rate the threads that I find to have the most relevant information.

Highlight posts by the OP in a thread; I can think of numerous informative threads in which I really only care about what the OP is saying, take the No Limit "Make it Handle" thread for instance.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

From the other GM Trucks sites I've been on, good info just wasn't there. They can keep on improving the site features, but they're just making it easier to find out nothing. This site has seen many tweaks since 2009. New forums and sub-forums have been added, ones with low traffic eliminated or combined elsewhere, many subscription option changes, and more. Maybe there are ways to make finding the best thread on a topic easier but, it sure sounds like wanting to make easy easier to me. I still appreciate what the internet provides and haven't gotten away from the notion that effort is what it takes to get what you want. If you want it bad enough you'll put out the effort required to get it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
crakarjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
it sure sounds like wanting to make easy easier to me
Yes, exactly! Why not?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
I mostly come here for all of my info needs, but have been looking around at other car forums lately. This site has hardly changed at all in the 6 or so years I've been frequenting it, and it's clear in comparison that there's almost no effort going into improving it over time.

This is unfortunate, because there's a wealth of information here but it's hard to find it. I can't see people staying here long term or new members joining and becoming active without the features of competing forums, and I don't like that...
When the site changes, the members get quite upset. It is indeed updated and maintained. It has evolved over time, and the information is accessible to the masses. I truly do appreciate input that I can present to the staff, however we need actual input not just this guy does it different and you do nothing. Please let us know specifically what it is you wish to see done differently.

Thank you
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote