The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

well i guess ill be posting here now too

I sold my 1982 C10 that I restored and although im still a squarebody guy with four of those trucks in my yard, I needed another work truck that could plow and do some light towing. I wanted something that my wife could drive and would be ok for her going to some of our malls with so our brand new car wouldn't get all dinged up, so I bought this at the auction. 1998 GMC 2500 159K on clock township owned and got all the service records on it too. Frame looks nice just surface rust, automatic and air conditioned. Needs a good cleaning and an oil cooler gasket. It runs great shifts good and a manual transfer case.. I figure I can get rid of three of my other trucks with this the rotted spare plow truck in the yard.. the dodge Dakota plow pig that I have and her current beater 04 Ram 1500 2wd
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: well i guess ill be posting here now too

Looks like a great truck. It is exactly what I need to find. That's the fleet color I ordered my '92 in...Woodland Green, same color that has been used since before WWII. That truck should serve you well for many years. Watch out, you might find yourself realizing you have a cool classic worth as much respect as any older GM Truck. I didn't order my '92 to love it. It was purely a practical business decision...but if it's my truck it has to be special. I ordered it so I would like it as much as I could like something new, but as time went by I grew fonder and fonder till it was like a cowboy and his pony. I rode in that saddle 335,000 miles and 22 years and now I really miss it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the main reason I bought this one is that it came from a town near me that I know takes care of their things, as as a side line I buy a lot of municipal wrecks /non running cars and flip them or scrap them, and ive found with this particular town is the mechanics are competent, they keep detailed records they give you with the vehicle, and the vehicles are physically clean so its not just some guy rigging it to work until a replacement comes in.. Wires are unplugged not cut on emergency lighting, things are unbolted correctly not hacked etc etc.. this has 159K on it so I should be able to run it a while. I will put the plow on it and use it to plow out my yard, my wife will use it to go to the store and mall with cause I wont care if it gets banged up and ill take it to my daughters house as she has no off street parking. It runs really well. The kid who works for me is going to clean it up nice and im going to put some step tubes on it for the wife and ill use it when I have a small light tow of a boat or something but that could easily take the single car trailer too. I hope to get as many miles out of it as you did yours

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
Tom
driving is in my blood

Real men have both 73-87's and 88-98's
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Real men have both 73-87's and 88-98's
And 67-72's and 66-66's . . ...... Well, maybe just real crazy men
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote