The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Going to the recycler...

I hate to do it but, I've got to get the parts that I've gotten off of the 54 out of the garage and I don't have any place else to put them.
I'm going to be getting into working on the panel and I've got to have the room. Don't have the time (or inclination) to do the ebay thing. If anyone's interested in the engine or any of the parts, time to speak up. Any offer is going to be better than the price I'll get from the metal man.
Check the signature line below for pics
Jon
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
TooMany2count
Who's in CHARGE??????????

need to tell what you have so we don't have to guess & u should also put them on this site Stovebolt if u havent already done it..joe
Donate Blood,Plasma,Platelets & sign your DONORS CARD & SAVE a LIFE
TooMany2count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMany2count
need to tell what you have so we don't have to guess & u should also put them on this site Stovebolt if u havent already done it..joe
No guessing required (my last sentence mentioned clicking on the link in my signature line and it takes you to my little website. In the pictures area, there's a folder that has pictures and the prices that I've been asking. Just listing the part and the price has never cut it for me. I like to see what something looks like before I buy it. Figured most folks felt the same. Never felt the extra need to list all of the parts individually on here or the other sites. I thought if someone was really looking for something, they'd following the link to look.
They've been out there on my little site, this site, hotrodder's and stovebolt for about a year. A few bites but no takers. Time to move on... tired of pootin' with it.
Jon
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
Old 08-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
TooMany2count

then if ya don't sell it i take it that the scrap man mite get it??????

if so then why don't ya GIVE it away to someone rather then having it turn into a Toyota p/u bumper. i have done this a few times in the past myself. i'd rather give it away then see it taken to the boneyard or scrapman...joe
Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Ouch! A Toyota bumper? Man, you cut to the bone, don'cha?
Come get em' and they're yours. I would rather give it away to someone that'll put the parts to good use. Maybe you can buy me a hamburger and a beer
Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #6
TooMany2count

if ya was closer i'd be there 2day, but alast its a all day trip to get there & back. & hell w/a burger if i was to get the parts it'd be steak...joe
Old 08-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

It's a lot of stuff you could have for that day trip...
complete rearend /w driveshaft
transmission
complete engine

Gas is a killer right now though. They definitely wouldn't be "free" if you consider that cost of gas from up there and back.
I may have a trip to Indiana coming up sometime in the next several months. I'm thinking about driving rather than flying so I can have my truck rather than a rental car. The area is about an hour north of Evansville, IN. I'd consider bringing it up there if you could be sure you could come get it on the day I get in the area. I wouldn't be able to tote it around while I was doing my work up there.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
chevytruckfan
Account Suspended

About an hour south of Evansville is where my panel truck is sitting. I have an engine and trans that I havent been able to give away.
chevytruckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Is the engine in In or Fl?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #10
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

235 Thriftmaster...inline 6. Still got it but, not for much longer.