The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #26
Grumpy old man

Re: Cab swap in CA CHP rant

AHHH ! Good ol Tn I have cabs stored in a barn that have "NEW" clean Tn titles in my name with issued tags and registrations . No inspections here and most dmv offices here have 2 local employees That are more interested in how many chickens you have and what your selling eggs for !
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #27
covingtontn

I will second the Good Ole Tn comment.

Way to go
John
covingtontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, unlike Tennessee, Maryland runs you through all the hoops on regular registrations. But, the DMV (we now call it MVA) never looks at your vehicle and State Troopers are not involved with anything but enforcement once on the road. Only the licensed safety inspection garage checks VIN on vehicle against title and I've never known them to look anywhere but the plate, same place the cops are going to look. It's kind of easy to put regular tags on a restored or 'built' old vehicle. Our inspections are tough, but one time and that's it as long as you own it. If it's like new it will pass on through. There is no emissions test on this old either way.
They are very easy on historic registration. Since there is no safety inspection, all you need to title and register is the signed title and insurance.

But states vary and this is about Lefty in CA and his situation sticking him in the middle of red tape bureaucratic BS. One man against a monster type situation. It doesn't matter that he's right, the officer is wrong and the system he is paid to support doesn't have the balls to stand up to him. So it's his problem and in this wonderful modern world it takes hiring a lawyer to hopefully get what's rightfully his. Flat out sucks

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-17-2015 at 10:49 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #29
leftybass209

Some of you have it easier, that's for sure! My hope is that this thread will help someone else here in CA. Talk to your VIN officer in person, take pictures, a storyboard, do a song and dance, whatever the hell it takes to make sure they understand exactly what you're doing before you do it.

Thanks again for the comments, take care everyone!
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote