The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
cbenney

Cool 68 Chevy Pickup Drum Brakes

Here it goes.... My Brother-in-law passed away earlier this year, always told me that Chevy trucks were the best! Well, he picked up a 1968 pickup 3/4 ton c20 before he got sick. NO one wanted the truck, so I took it… I was told by family members that the brakes and bearings were not working so they would need to be replaced. So, I am a rookie when it comes to repairing, but always wanted to learn... This is a nice project that should keep me busy for a while. So I at my first bump in the road...

I have reviewed and looked at a lot of threads, the one below was helpful...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=283587

The problem is that I can not get the drum off the shaft... He says in the thread that the whole drum and stud assambly came right off.... mine will not. It wiggles a little but wont budge.... It feels like there is something holding it on at the top of the drum. I included pictures (hope they post)... any help of tricks would be appricated.
Attached Images

cbenney is offline   Reply With Quote