The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
WunTon

Patch panel ?'s

I've searched and haven't seen a definitive answer to my question. I'm looking to source some patch panels for my cab floor (it's a 63) and I've come across panels listed for 60-62, 63-66 and also 60-66. At first I thought it was just different manufactures labeling them different but then the more I dug the more I found that most manufactures have all three options. The 60-62 and 63-66 options seem to be priced about twice the cost of the 60-66 option but I can't find anything that really lists a difference. I'm aware there are some differences between the model years but I'm not up to par on everything as many here are so I figured I'd ask and see what experiences others have had.
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Patch panel ?'s

The floor in a '60-'62 is going to have the front cab mount in a different location than a '63-'66 cab floor. If you are looking at the outer cab floor with the inner rocker, that reaches front to back, that should be the same '60-'66.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
WunTon

Re: Patch panel ?'s

Thanks for the info Captain. From my further searching it seems that most of the "universal" 60-66 versions are made to fit the 63-66 and need the mount hole drilled in a different place to fit the 60-62. I think I am going to try my luck with the 60-66 version from somewhere at half the cost and see how it goes. From what I have read none of them are a direct fit and will all need a bit of massaging anyway so we'll see how it goes! I need the floor pans, outer cab floor for the driver side and I am going to do inner and outer rockers as well since they have a small amount of rust starting so I figure if I am this far into it now may as well do it now rather than later.
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote