The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
sprint_9

sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Alright, well this might be a little premature but I wanted a place to start posting pictures and ideas about my upcoming project.

A little about the project. The truck started life in my wife's family as her grandpa's construction truck, he bought it new in 72. From what I have gathered he used it for around 10 years as his work truck to build houses, and after he retired it was used primarily as a leisure vehicle until the mid 90's when it was parked. It sat for about 15 years until this past winter when my wife's family decided they weren't going to do anything with it. I asked if I could have it and was told yes with one exception, that it had to stay with me and that I could never let it leave the family. I very happily agreed to this and we set out to get it running so we could move it into a better location.

Fast forward to the present day and despite some minor hiccups the truck is running, but is in storage while I wait to start the rebuild. Since I got the truck last winter I have switched jobs and my original shop I had planed to use was sold. So I am in the process of buying or building a house with a 3 stall garage so I have the room to start the build without making my wife park outside.

I asked her if she would park outside and received a response similar to this... So I will just have to wait to start the build...

Here is the truck.

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote