The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Tkin496

1972 Chevy C/10

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...&ppuser=119860

Truck Info

• Manufacturer: Chevy C10 2wd Fleetside
• Year: 1972
• Suspension type: Classic Performance Products 2-1/2’’ drop Spindles, CPP Drop Springs with Upper & Lower tubular control arms. CPP front sway bar kit. CPP Tubular trailing arms for the rear with drop springs. CPP HD C-Notch Kit.
• Front Brakes: CPP Wilwood Disk brake kit. Red calipers and slotted rotors.
• Modifications: CPP’s Bilstein shock’s, CPP’s Tubelar Trac bar for the rear, Cpp’s Chrome 8’’ master/booster kit with all new stainless brake lines front to back.
• Rear Brakes: CPP Wilwood Disk brake kit. Red calipers and slotted rotors.
• Steering: Ididit chrome steering column with billet steering wheel. All new shaft components from LMC truck & CPP’s stainless steering Flex line kit.
• Front differential type / Gears: N/A
• Rear differential type / Gears: 3.73 with Minispool. Upgrading in 2013.
• Tire and Wheel Size: 18’’ Foose Rims wrapped in 235/55R18’s

Body
• Color Scheme: Black Pearl
• Bodyman: Terrel’s Body Shop out of Waldron, Ar
• Modifications: Shaved Door handles, All blinkers, Cab lights (Inside & Out), Dash, Tailgate, Molding’s, Antenna, & Firewall. Tubbed out Bed with aluminum diamond deck plating in the Bed. May wind up pulling out and rhino lining in 2013.
• Paint Type: House of Kolor Black Pearl with 3 extra coats of clear.
• Painter: Terrel Trumble out of Waldron, Ar

Interior
• Color: Black on Black
• Material: Cloth with white custom stitching.
• Upholsterer: I had the seats done out of state and my wife embroidered my floor mats with the custom chevy logo.
• Wiring: All new Harness from Painless front to back.
• Modifications: No Visual wires can be seen anywhere. Everything is hid or ran inside the frame rail. Even the alternator and A/C have a custom stainless wire to keep the wire from melting and is hid underneath the billet spark plug wire loom. Power window’s from electric life. Door popper and alarm system from electric life as well.
• Steering wheel/Column: Ididit Chrome Steering Column with billet steering column.
• Stereo/Speakers/Amps: N/A. Coming in 2013
• Air Conditioning: Classic auto air with billet control knobs.
• Instrument Gauges: CPP’s Billet Cluster with Autometer Classic Silver Guages. Grandfather customs knobs for the wiper’s and headlight switches.

Engine
• Cubic Inch: BB 496 with a Dyno of 635hp 642 lb Torq. SRP 10:4:1 Comp Forged Domed Pistons, Hastings Plasma moly rings.
• Manufacturer: Ross Automotive Machine out of Lapeer Michigan.
• Camshaft: Comp Cam’s Hyd roller Thumper
• Cylinder heads: Patriot 320CC Heads 2.250-1.880 Stainless Valve set
• Valve Covers: Ansen Chevy Logo Bowtie Painted to match engine Block.
• Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Rect Port Air Gap.
• Ignition System: MSD HEI 65000 Volt, MSD 8.5mm wire set
• Exhaust type: Hooker Super Comp Long tube headers with 2’’ primaries and 3.5’’ collectors, Exhaust Dumps, Flowmaster Super 44 series with 3’’ exhaust.
• Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Demon 850 Carb with mechanical secondaries.-6 AN Stainless Line from fuel tank to carb. Holley blue electric fuel pump.

Transmission
• Automatic / Standard: B&M’s Auto TH350 Rated for 600+ hp.
• Torque Converter: B&M’s Nitrous Holeshot 2400 Stall
• Modifications: CPP Tubular Trans cross member.
• Shifter type: Shifter on Ididit Chrome steering column.
• Drive Shaft: Built by driveline specialties out of Ft.smith, Ar

Biography
• What is your name? Tyrell King
• Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc) I Live in Waldron, Arkansas. Im married and have 3 kids. I work in the oilfield for Halliburton and don’t have a lot of time off. Ive been working for Halliburton for 5 years now and the money that I make has allowed me to build the truck for the 3rd time the way I really wanted it.
• How long have you owned your truck? Ive owned it ever since high school. 10+ years now. The wife and I have been married with this truck and had a lot of arguments over the truck. But it is part of the family.
• What made you decide to buy this truck? I love old cars and love old trucks especially, the main reason I bought the truck is because It was the most dependable truck around that year range that I could afford at the time.
• How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? What do you enjoy about your truck the most? I store her in our 20x20 Shop and the thing I love most about the truck now is driving her and seeing the looks on people’s faces when we drive by. I love it.
• Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? My biggest influence would have to be a person, chip foose to be exact. I can relate to his passion and the way he brings it into the Art form is remarkable. The detail and craftsmanship of his projects is in detail that I wish to accomplish as good as he does one day.
• What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it? My biggest obstacle would have to be criticism; I am not good at it and have yet to go to any car shows. Im hoping to this year.
• What/who is you favorite/best part source? Classic Performance products would be my number one, Ebay would be second, LMC Third.
• What are some things have helped your project to be a success? My Job that allows me to spend the money that I do on it. And my wife for allowing me.
• What is the history behind your truck? I have yet to look up the VIN code or do any kind of research on the truck. Plan to here shortly.
• What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): Just Cruising, hopefully shows for 2013.
• What is your favorite memory with your truck? The day the wife and I decided to tear her back down to the frame and build her the way we wanted without settling for second hand parts.
• Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? The Motor, I love having a professional built motor that I know isn’t going to leak or break down. The 635 hp helps a lot to.
• If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? I would powder coat the frame, Just because I love detail. I like the way powder coat shines over paint.
• What are your future plans for your truck? Take it to as many car shows as I can for 2013 & Pass the truck down to my kids after im to old to drive it.
• What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Do it right the first time so you don’t have to do it over again.