The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
AlbertaClassic

Mouse Poop in Cab Corners

Hey all, I appreciate in advance any help anybody can offer on this. I bought a 2001 Sierra 2500HD Regular Cab Long Box. Bought it off a local farmer to be a DD for a year or 2 and then the use with my construction business. It came from a feedlot, so thought that explained the smell. I aired out for a couple weeks on vacation after getting it home, but the smell got worse. I dropped the headliner, pulled out all rear trim and floor mats, seats, etc. Found large mouse nest on headliner, and in cab corners and possibly under rockers. My question is, is there a savvy way anybody has to vacuum the hollow in the cab corner down through the rocker and what to put down there to get smell out?

I’ve been vacuuming, bleaching, and baking soda on and off for a couple weeks with no solutions. No upholstery or carpet in the truck anymore, I removed the cab air filters and everything that would hold smell. The smell has gone down to be somewhat tolerable, but wondering what people would use to deodorize at this point in time. My daily driver now is sold and leaving next week so hoping to figure out soon. All help on this issue is much appreciated. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
AlbertaClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
AussieinNC

Re: Mouse Poop in Cab Corners

I have had same issue...here is what I did...it worked pretty well...

Get yourself some Pine based cleaner liquid like Mr Muscle and pour it into a portable sprayer tank, like a weed sprayer....dont dilute it...

Spray into any and all parts and areas you can reach, including the air can box and cabin air filter areas......and let it dry...dont wash it off....

When dry, I sprayed most areas like cab corners and interior metal panels with the heavy duty body spray coat like bed liner.

Throw out all carpet and insulation as you will never get the smell out...

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
AlbertaClassic

Re: Mouse Poop in Cab Corners

That is exactly the help I was looking for. Thanks. Wasn’t sure what cleaner to use, I have been using bleach but doesn’t quite get it all. Yeah, insulation tossed, foam tossed, had vinyl floor so I figure it’ll clean with a good pressure wash/steam clean, new headliner and new seats. I’d say the smell is about 3/10 of what it was, but it’s bearable now. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
AlbertaClassic is offline   Reply With Quote