The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Refining "Sierra"

Its been a long time since I have had a new project. My 77 Cheyenne has been the focus of my attention for a decade or more. My daughter recently got married, so my wife and I decided to fill the empty space in our garage with a new project.

My intentions were to locate a original paint 73-87 and do a mild freshen up. After a few months of searching, and realized I am much more anal about paint than many of the sellers I encountered. Their definition of a "hard #7" in quality, was more like hardly a #4 with more blemishes than all the boys at the Junior Prom.

I finally found a 1984 GMC Sierra SWB that was local to me. It belonged to a friend of a friend, and he was downsizing his collection of toys. In my research on the history of the build I discovered I knew the truck and its builder from my Instagram feed.

To give credit where its due and document the changes I will be making, I decided a build thread was in order. Since much of the work was already done by the builder along with updates along the way, I will focus on the refinements I have planned. Hence the title of "Refining Sierra".

I am still working on pics and paper trail, so join me in my adventure.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-28-2015 at 01:54 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote