The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2022, 03:48 AM   #1
mdpaulson1

peaches

I am going to give it a try to do some sort of a history on my truck and the different stages it has gone through and the different directions this journey has taken me. First off I didn't name my truck, a neighbor named it and it kind of stuck, hence the thread name. I had a uncle that owned a farm here in California and he bought the truck new in 1956 as a work truck. I spent time on the farm as a child every summer,. My Uncle taught me to drive this truck when I was 9 years old in the fields. When I was 15 he bought a new truck and asked if I would like to purchase the 56 pickup. I paid him 200 dollars that I had saved up from working cleaning construction sites and odd jobs. This is picture of the truck in 1972 when I first brought the truck home and a picture in 1973 changing the looks and again in by 1974 I had painted it and it still has some of both paint on it. It started life with a 265 V8 and a hydramatic tranny. Didn't have enough power to get out its own way and could only spin the tires in reverse. It got me to work and school just fine. We had quite a cruise culture here in the 70's and I would spend every weekend on the cruise.
Attached Images

mdpaulson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:00 AM   #2
mdpaulson1

Re: peaches

By the time 1977 came round i had bought a newer more dependable ride and parked the 56. It sat parked and for the next 13/14 years. I finally made a decision to do something with it after towing it to a new home. When it sat someone had helped themself to my heater and grill. By this time Mustang ll front ends were starting to come into favor so I bought a kit and installed it. I also bought a SBC 400 and turbo 350 transmission had them built and I installed it with with the front end. Along came children and the project stalled.
mdpaulson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:18 AM   #3
6DoF

Re: peaches

i like where this is going
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote