The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
yrik

Red Truck 2.0

So slight backs story to get everyone caught up:
My dad bought an 86 c10 short bed in 1990 and a few years later I learn to drive in it. I get it when I turn 18 and drive it through high school and college. It is lowered and raised up and has several engine and trans combos among other mods during this time.
Around 2004 I give it back to my Dad because I'm getting married and have too many cars for my new house. Between then and now Dad tears it down and repaints it, makes a custom bed cover, and changes to fuel injection and back to carb.
fast forward to this summer Dad moved to Florida and is still using the truck as his daily. The truck has no A/C so he calls me and says he is buying a new daily and if I want this truck to come get it.
So, on labor day weekend my wife and I fly to the Fort Myers area to drive the truck home to Ohio. We stop in Kentucky for the night and in the morning the truck is gone.
I get a call later in the week and they find the truck stripped and wrecked. After what seemed like forever I went and picked the truck up and brought it home.
tTe frame is twisted and bellied so I decide the best course of action is to get another truck and use what I can off this truck.
Sorry for the long post. Should be more picture heavy from now on.
Attached Images

yrik is offline   Reply With Quote