The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #26
RuinCreek350

Re: 1972 Truck Bucket Seats

Bucket Seats sold to Miller's Metal *pending payment.
RuinCreek350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:10 AM   #27
402Bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuinCreek350 View Post
Okay so I want to be fair to all. I believe that "Miller's Metal" is first in line as he sent me a PM this afternoon(and wrote in public thread that he had sent message) stating that he would take the seats if the shipping came in around $200, I was unable to get a shipping quote for him until later in the day, shortly after I messaged him with a quote the member "Davischevy" posted in the main thread "I'll take them". I have now received confirmation from Miller's Metal that he will take them with the shipping I quoted. Who should be first in line for this sale? I just want to make this a fair sale
My $0.02 ....Rules are clear. First "I'll take it" in the thread gets the part. Rules also state "no PM sales."

Miller could have stated something to the effect "I'll take it, assuming shipping is less than $200." Simply asking questions or stating a PM was sent doesn't guarantee your spot in line, IMO.
402Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:05 AM   #28
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Okay so I want to be fair to all. I believe that "Miller's Metal" is first in line as he sent me a PM this afternoon(and wrote in public thread that he had sent message) stating that he would take the seats if the shipping came in around $200, I was unable to get a shipping quote for him until later in the day, shortly after I messaged him with a quote the member "Davischevy" posted in the main thread "I'll take them". I have now received confirmation from Miller's Metal that he will take them with the shipping I quoted. Who should be first in line for this sale? I just want to make this a fair sale
As stated in the Buying and Selling Code of Conduct, "All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited." This is to avoid members sending PMs out and purchasing items without any track record of sales to keep things straight. There is that 'grey area' of "all sales must be posted in thread." While over time, the general rule of thumb has been for the buyer to post some commitment within the thread stating that he/she will take the item, and the seller would provide a list of who's in line and in what order. Some have interpreted a "PM on the way/sent" as an adequate interest or intent to buy, but many do not...both sellers and buyers alike. I'm sure you can see where this can get convoluted quickly. However, when it comes down to the end, it is ultimately the seller's choice in the final choice of the sale.

Keep this in mind. PMs are ok, but must be in the sale thread and should have some indication of intent so the remaining potential buyers don't get confused or feel like they've been passed over. Food for thought. Sending a PM only with no post in the thread is a clear violation of the Code of Conduct.

What's most important is that we use this as a good example of why stating intent within the thread and providing a list of who's inline is best practice for all parties.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #29
67kid

If they get to me I will take them and pay greyhound $145
Posted via Mobile Device
67kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #30
davischevy

I would suggest the seller and buyer read the Forum rules. This method of buying and selling will cause you a lot of problem in the long run.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #31
70cst

Quote:
Bucket Seats sold to Miller's Metal *pending payment.
RuinCreek350

As mentioned ... if you plan on selling more parts on this forum it might be wise to read the rules and follow them. Also no pm sales.

Thanks for keeping with the rules.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:20 AM   #32
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller's Metal View Post
pm sent
Also I 'll say this to you.

Please read the buying rules and follow them. NO pm sales!!

Thanks for following the rules.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote