The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Worldofhurts

High output Alternator Service Brake Booster error

Hello everyone, Happy New Year!
I purchased a new chrome high output alternator for my 2003 Silverado 4.8 to help with my custom stereo and after installing it a "Service Break Booster " came one the dash display when driving.I have had no problems before installing the new alternator so i put the old factory one back on and everything works fine with no errors. I took the new alternator to Autozone and had it tested and it passed with no problems. Anyone have any ideas of what is causing this when putting the high out alternator on and how I can correct it?
Worldofhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
homemade87

Re: High output Alternator Service Brake Booster error

My guess would be sporadic voltage or low voltage from the alt . Some of those thinks are sensitive to voltage . I would put it back on with a digital volt meter and see what it does . My guess would be you have a alt that is not doing its job like it is suppose to .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
Worldofhurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
My guess would be sporadic voltage or low voltage from the alt . Some of those thinks are sensitive to voltage . I would put it back on with a digital volt meter and see what it does . My guess would be you have a alt that is not doing its job like it is suppose to .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
Worldofhurts

Re: High output Alternator Service Brake Booster error

Ok got it figured out. After switching between my out alternator and the high output and testing the wires coming out of the plug. The Blue wire wasn’t putting any voltage out unlike the stock alternator which was around 6 volts. I wanted to make sure to respond Incase anyone runs into this because when I took this to autozone it was testing ok. It does put out 14.9 from the single battery post but I take it autozone doesn’t test the plug. The company I purchased it from understood everything I was explaining to them and will be sending me a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device