The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2018, 01:09 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Strange things you've seen?

Not sure I've shared either of these, but here are two "bright spots" I've experienced. For the record, I'm mostly sane (ha!), or so I believe

One:

It was a clear sky from my place. it's very dark here and the stars are bright. I went outside to take a leak and smoke a cig. As I was doing my business north a bright light caught my peripheral at approx. 20-25 degrees to the east. I only saw it at this point for a second, but it appeared slow or stationary. It may have just brightened catching my attention. It's tough to say how far away the craft was, but I estimate it was 1/2 to 3 miles. Couldn't have been too far, because my place is surrounded by tall hills.

Anyway, I'd have thought it was just a low flying airplane, but then I watched as it hyper-sped 70 degrees north. I could be mistaken, but aircraft as we know it cannot do that, including missiles. Doesn't matter anyway, because in a snap that bright light was similar the light from a jet at 30K feet, and a few seconds later the light was similar a satellite. I watched every "inch" as it flew through the atmosphere until gone, which was a duration of 6-7 seconds. And not a sound, no sound barrier, nothing, which per our understanding of things is not possible.

Two:

1990, I was driving a 5-ton with product heading south toward Hawthorne Nevada, about 12 miles out. Its a pitch black hot summer early morning, not a cloud in the sky. Hills and desert to my right, Walker Lake to my left. The entire desert and lake lit up for a flash, a greenish light, far brighter than lightning. You don't realize how much wild-life is in that terrain until you see them scamper, because it caught their attention alright. First thought was a mushroom cloud, but nothing, and not a sound.

I stopped at the first convenience store and asked the clerk if they'd seen it, but nope. Coke driver followed me in, and he saw it as well. Only explanation I've heard is a military camera. Who knows what they're using, but yeah, probably military.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: Strange things you've seen?

Considering the current stealth fighters were first secretly flown in the 1970's we have NO idea of the current advancements in aircraft design secrets of today , Can you say a new 6th military branch the "space force" it's already in the works and you can be sure the technology is already here and ready to go .

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/polit...rnd/index.html

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
mingoman

When my wife and I were first married we lived in a very old large farm house, no air conditioning unless you count the huge cottonwood trees and the window fan, though you could reverse it to blow in or out of the house.
Back to the story, being an avid college football fan I wanted to watch the first kickoff classic in the living room, seems like it was aTm and someone, but my wife didn't care for football and went to our bedroom.
While I was watching the game I saw her walk back in the room from the corner of my eye and just stand there watching me. Without turning from the TV I asked what she wanted, no reply, I asked again, same no reply.
Then I asked again, a little peeved, and turned her direction only to see an old woman standing there and not my wife who then just kind of slowly faded away. Never saw another thing again the entire time we lived there. Guess she didn't like football either.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Considering the current stealth fighters were first secretly flown in the 1970's we have NO idea of the current advancements in aircraft design secrets of today , Can you say a new 6th military branch the "space force" it's already in the works and you can be sure the technology is already here and ready to go .

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/polit...rnd/index.html
Hard to say what they've got. Considering my first experience, I wonder of they've built something to say, slow the speed of light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingoman View Post
When my wife and I were first married we lived in a very old large farm house, no air conditioning unless you count the huge cottonwood trees and the window fan, though you could reverse it to blow in or out of the house.
Back to the story, being an avid college football fan I wanted to watch the first kickoff classic in the living room, seems like it was aTm and someone, but my wife didn't care for football and went to our bedroom.
While I was watching the game I saw her walk back in the room from the corner of my eye and just stand there watching me. Without turning from the TV I asked what she wanted, no reply, I asked again, same no reply.
Then I asked again, a little peeved, and turned her direction only to see an old woman standing there and not my wife who then just kind of slowly faded away. Never saw another thing again the entire time we lived there. Guess she didn't like football either.
That gave me the chills. Makes me wonder if what you saw all along was an old woman. In other terms, the only thing that made sense was it would have to be your wife. It's not as if you experience similar everyday, perceptions and such.

My neighbor across the way had their house "cleaned". The father is a normal hard-working character, and he wasn't convinced until things were being launched in the garage. Threw BBs at him too.....HA!. The straw that broke back was my son's friend was watching TV when a woman's SHRIEK came down the stairs, through the room he was sitting and out the door. He was alone, but not for long, because he stayed the night here. More than one person witnessed the volume on their stereo adjusting "on demand". Consistent with your experience, he saw his brother on the computer, only to discover he wasn't there.

My only experience was when I was playing drums with the door open, I heard/saw the light switched on in the bathroom nearby. I figure someone had come home, would soon close my door and I continued playing. 10-15 minutes later I heard/saw the light switch off. Played a bit longer, found nobody home, and come to find out they couldn't have been.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-27-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
truckster

What strange things have I seen? I once saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets...
Old 08-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Killer Bee

retired sailor; done things polite folks won't talk about, seen things sailors won't talk about
Old 08-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
68is4me

Nothing I have seen but a story about my youngest son. We were on vacation going to the black hills. We stopped in Wall SD and thought that would be a good place to stay for the night. Kids had fun playing in the pool and had some good thunder storms that night. Kids went to bed with out any problems as I am sure they were tired. About 1:00 am my 3yr old boy wakes up screaming the worst scream I have ever heard, and ran and sat on the middle of the floor. Mom or me could not get him to stop screaming. I finally had to take him to the vehicle so we would not get kicked out of the hotel room. Finally about an hour later he settled down and went to sleep. The next morn I asked why he was so upset.

His answer "the shadows were being mean to me". Still gives me shivers to think about it.
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #8
1968aj

This Thread
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #9
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
This Thread

I can relate. Whenever I have seen something weird, I wake up.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:34 PM   #10
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Hard to say what they've got. Considering my first experience, I wonder of they've built something to say, slow the speed of light.
Such tech exists. It's called "glass", and any other medium with a higher index of refraction than air. There are also new materials in which light goes faster than in a vacuum. And it is old news!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/faster-...peed-of-light/

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:04 PM   #11
In The Ten Ring

It's pretty clear we aren't alone in the universe.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8116356.html

I've read where many airline pilots have seen things but not reported for fear of losing their jobs.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
It's pretty clear we aren't alone in the universe.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8116356.html

I've read where many airline pilots have seen things but not reported for fear of losing their jobs.
If they have seen something they can't explain, they oughtta stay away from the 'shrooms and stop flying commercial aircraft. Or just report the phenomena to the tower. The Air Force can always concoct an explanation. [/foil hat]

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:51 AM   #13
samui

people areound me were strange yesterday
samui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #14
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I saw this at about 2 a.m.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #15
Rickysnickers

After nearly 30 years as an LEO, too many to count and don't really want to share any of them. I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #16
100%Chevy

Does going to Wal-Mart count?
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
A1971Blazer

I once lived in an old house where a young girl had lived that was abducted and her body was found many years later.....
there were some strange things that happened there...I was single and lived alone then....
but I always held to what my Grandmother once said....
"It ain't the people that are dead you need to be afraid of...it's the ones who are still alive"
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #18
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post

"It ain't the people that are dead you need to be afraid of...it's the ones who are still alive"
Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #19
100%Chevy

If you like UFO stories,here's mine.
In 1973,here in my hometown,these 2 guys were abducted.
I know both of them(I'm not a believer!).
They were on a short wooden pier on the west side of the river.The pier was part of a long closed shipyard called "Shaupeter Shipyard".We once went drinking and partying on this pier because it was out of the cities jurisdiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0gspfK6YgE

Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #20
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

[quote=FleetsidePaul;8332941]I saw this at about 2 a.m.

Wholly cow. Who'd think she'd be rough on the eyes. Makes me dizzier than normal.

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-06-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #21
beautimus

when i was a little kid, about 7 or 8 , several of the neighborhood kids and my self and my brothers were tossing a football in the street near my house. there were probably a dozen or so young kids. my mother had just stepped out to call us in as the sun was getting pretty low. a ball of light came thru about 15 feet above the ground. it traveled south east to northwest. moving about 20 miles per hour, it was following the terrain and made no sound at all. it was comparable to a beach ball in size and left you with the distinct impression that it was natural and not artificial. i have no explanation for what it was.
then years later . i was about 15 years old at that time, my older brother had just bought a 76 camaro, it was new. it was a 305 2 barrel car and so not terribly fast. we had just left the local town headed home at about 1 in the morning. a ball of light , again, about 15 feet or so off the ground following the terrain, was a ball of light about the same size as a beach ball. passed us on the right side of the car and as my brother opened the car up to try and catch up to the thing it out accelerated us and eventually went out of sight. again it left me with the impression that it was something natural ( i cant explain that either) and aside from those instances i have never seen anything like that again. i have no idea what it was, both times there was more than 1 set of eyes on it, and we have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will never know what it was.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #22
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Ball of light times two. I haven't taken time to read much of it, but check this out. You have a lot in common: https://exemplore.com/ufos-aliens/White-Ball-Of-Light

One of my best friends missed his calling. Looks like Billy Bob Thornton, comedy and even dances well. He's a drywall taper.

Though he strikes some as a little nuts, he's honest and real intelligent. Anyway, when he was a kid while hiking, he looked over a ridge into a valley to see a BIGAsk UFO on the ground. Says it took off at 12 o-clock as F16s swooped in for a chase...........Who the heck knows, but an "extraordinary" experience if genuine.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:26 AM   #23
beautimus

Maybe those orbs are a lot more common than I gave them credit for. Thanks for the link Tony
Old 09-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #24
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautimus View Post
when i was a little kid, about 7 or 8 , several of the neighborhood kids and my self and my brothers were tossing a football in the street near my house. there were probably a dozen or so young kids. my mother had just stepped out to call us in as the sun was getting pretty low. a ball of light came thru about 15 feet above the ground. it traveled south east to northwest. moving about 20 miles per hour, it was following the terrain and made no sound at all. it was comparable to a beach ball in size and left you with the distinct impression that it was natural and not artificial. i have no explanation for what it was.
then years later . i was about 15 years old at that time, my older brother had just bought a 76 camaro, it was new. it was a 305 2 barrel car and so not terribly fast. we had just left the local town headed home at about 1 in the morning. a ball of light , again, about 15 feet or so off the ground following the terrain, was a ball of light about the same size as a beach ball. passed us on the right side of the car and as my brother opened the car up to try and catch up to the thing it out accelerated us and eventually went out of sight. again it left me with the impression that it was something natural ( i cant explain that either) and aside from those instances i have never seen anything like that again. i have no idea what it was, both times there was more than 1 set of eyes on it, and we have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will never know what it was.
That sounds like "ball lightning" which seems to be a sort of little-understood electro-static phenomenon that is considered "normal." I've never been lucky enough to see it.

Of course, it might be something totally different!

Billy Bob Thorton is rather odd for sure, but I have read at least one other account similar to what you have typed here.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:25 AM   #25
richards72chevy

I've seen numerous strange things in my life.I was some where between the age of 7 or 8 we lived way out the country in Oakdale California.A neighbor who lived about a mile away had a vicious dog that killed my little sister kittens in front of us.The dog was so mean my mom couldn't even take us outside to the car.My dad got home from work and my uncle came over.They some how got the dog in the back of a truck with a camper shell.Took it out to some county road and shot it.A few days later I'm looking out the window contemplating what I'm going to go outside and play on when this dog head rises up in the window teeth snarling with half of it's skull missing.I could see it's brain and one eyeball hanging.I remember that was the first time I felt a numbness in my chest and couldn't say anything at the moment.My mom seen it and ran around locking every door and window in the house.needless to say we were stuck in the house all day.Dad shot it again and said he buried it this time.A few days we were driving home and some one had hung this dead dirty dog from our gate.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote