The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #1276
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I like #3

To deter groundhogs from burrowing under slabs I set 4" block under the edge of the form. Has worked every time so far. They like under slabs because it's a shallow dig.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #1277
davischevy

Welcome to the Longhorn club Killer. I have been watching that truck. The K10 I'm working on now is ochre and white.

You did some serious work on the farm.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:40 PM   #1278
Chevyland

This goes back a long time
And
A marriage or two ago
But who’s counting
(Sorry, i tried, but was unsuccessful at the
‘Forever Marriage ‘

One beautiful Sunday morning,
The wifey decided she wanted to go furniture shopping
‘Yes, honey you can take the flatbed’
The niners are on, I’d like to stay home and watch the game
Well, it was t even 1/2 time, the phone was ringing
‘Honey, I love you, don’t get mad !
And then some strange man came on the line
‘ hello’ I was pumping gas at the station,
Your wife is so upset ‘sorry,

Ok ok what happened
Well, I guess she didn’t realize how big the bed was
When she was leaving the pump
Oh really!! What happened
Well... your flatbed creased the side of my truck, and ripped the back bumper off
Bummer
I’m sorry, what kind of truck is it ?
Oh no big deal it’s a brand news ram, got it last week
I’m, more worried about your wife, she’s really upset
Ok ok have a nice Sunday

Just tell her to give you the insurance card
It’s probably in the glove box
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #1279
davischevy

Even though it's not supposed to be funny, I chuckled.

I have coffee every morning with my high school buddy(We have been friends since high school). We discuss his wives by number.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #1280
Chevyland

Saw this beaut.. the other day
At the flea market

Was used as a storage unit for the last several decades
For someone selling stuff
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 09:53 PM   #1281
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Even though it's not supposed to be funny, I chuckled.

I have coffee every morning with my high school buddy(We have been friends since high school). We discuss his wives by number.
Life, is funny !
I really loved her
I just sucked at scrabble
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 11:24 PM   #1282
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I'll just leave this here as a thought question.

How many couples do you know where either the husband or the wife, when it came time to give each other a bite of wedding cake, jammed it into their new spouse's face, and how long did that marriage last?

I was amazed at how many people came up to my wife and me after we fed each other the cake like civilized human beings and were surprised that we hadn't done any cake smearing! We were married in February of '81. That's 37 years. Maybe I should have used more cake. [ow, ow, ow, I was just kidding, honest, honey!]

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:57 AM   #1283
Killer Bee

Mrs. Bee and I got married in the courthouse for $75.. went home, changed into work clothes and hauled all the junk out of the house we were buying.. seller had been renting it to some deadbeat packrats and VA appraiser was scheduled for that weekend.. one of our wedding presents was a construction dump trailer load hauled out.. still on our wedding day, had late lunch at 7-11, hot dogs and chips and set off to yosemite for mini honeymoon.. got up there late and got lost in the dark, set us back about three hours.. finally made it to our room on the river with fireplace, hot tub, etc.. got the call from the appraiser half way up some goat trail to a waterfall.. house made value we needed

I did buy her a $10k custom platinum diamond ring that is absolutely stunning.. friends of ours are members of newport yaught club hooked us up with their jeweler.. he made a one off tiffany style ring that's probably worth double that in a retail store.. we didn't have a fancy wedding, but she carries a few mortgage payments around on her finger, actually in the safe most of the time..

I'm very fortunate to found an extremely practical woman, even our recent projects on the house are intended to maximize the property value when we sell while making us comfortable while we're in it.. we have modest savings and investments but zero debt other than a comfortable mortgage.. and she's working on a solid retirement while I'm working on my second
Old 08-31-2018, 03:53 AM   #1284
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
LOL .

Them Groundhogs are destructive critters , its about time for me to give them Lead poision again here .
I tried a couple of times but no cigar.. illusive little !@#$ers! one evening while the kids were inside, I did get a quick glimpse of one from the house in the scope.. circled wide behind the garage building and just as I peeked around, zooom! so I circled the shed and when I looked down by the old barn, two big doe grazing.. one facing me looked up, right at me, I could see her nostrils flaring! her girlfriend popped up, wiggled her tail and zooom! wrong time of year of course I get one of the cleanest shots ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I like #3

To deter groundhogs from burrowing under slabs I set 4" block under the edge of the form. Has worked every time so far. They like under slabs because it's a shallow dig.
wish you were closer, I'd hire you! so I guess I'll have to settle for copying your ideas .. when I get things situated, would love to get a slab in there but I certainly don't want them to undermine that! I'll keep that in mind, thank you! we always had a couple or three dogs running around, I never seen anything bigger than a mouse inside the buildings, maybe a snake or bird occasionally to scare the crap out of you.. even around the buildings, only a few coons and possums passing through.. dad gone, no equipment running frequently and no dogs I think is allowing the critters to get too comfortable there.. might be a losing battle either way until I can move back and get things stirring again..

Quote:
Welcome to the Longhorn club Killer. I have been watching that truck. The K10 I'm working on now is ochre and white.

You did some serious work on the farm.
thank you sir! I'm excited to see it next trip out.. I know it needs bed wood so I'm going to try to have it shipped there ahead of my next visit.. I have been partial to 4wd last few years but I need my mom to be able to get in and out of it easily and not a lot of winter chores without cattle.. the neighbors are leasing the tillable and grazing land.. the farm is needy with dad gone, going to have to step up my game and make more trips than once a year.. working on hiring some equipment repairs right now and couple of very nice neighbors help out quite often thankfully..

and last but not least, good to see ChevyLand around, cheers!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:18 AM   #1285
special-K
Special Order

I would have come over to help! I took care of an elderly woman's farm needs, as far as structures go, after her husband had passed. Those varmints had probably started setting up shop once he got older and his physical issues had set in. The guy minding the grounds was a city boy so everything was a first time experience. He was constantly running the tractor into their burrows. They were everywhere, and everything that could be burrowed under was. He was making such a half hearted attempt to deal with them. If he got one in the trap you'd think he got them all. I'd tell him set that thing right back out there. They are multiplying faster than you are taking them out. Finally, I started trapping them and lost count at 15, no more than 20. Very little activity around there

Ever since my cat died I have been trapping squirrels and chipmunks. Rabbits haven't been a nuisance, though have munched some flowers. And I had to trap a young groundhog who was setting up shop. I need another cat!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-31-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #1286
Killer Bee

oh my folks shout and shoot at critters in the garden, and we get a fair amount of them.. two giant walnut trees in the front yard as well a few of its descendants nearby keep the squirrels hauling their nuts all over the place.. deer standing on the front porch eating mom's flowers.. everybody and their furry cousins in the gardens.. but never have I seen something so destructive to the buildings, it's almost unbelievable how destructive they are..

forgot to mention that, neighbor has trapped several.. but that's a daunting task, probably 5-10 underground or out feeding for every one you see..

without pets around, poison was my first thought but not sure what mom has already tried, she's well versed on other types of critter poisons so figured that had already been tried..

and agree totally with a good country raised cat, excellent hunters!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:02 PM   #1287
72 tigger

Nice longhorn killer- snapped a pic of the C50 SPID- he’s the second owner
Attached Images

72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:26 PM   #1288
Killer Bee

^ thank you! wow, that's an awesome C50 with factory A/C!

here's the spid from the longhorn, heading out to work now, stopping at post office to send the $

Old 08-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #1289
special-K
Special Order

That guy was thinking about sitting in that C/50...a/c, radio, and hydraulic steering.

Tim

Old 08-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #1290
davischevy

WE were married in November, '71. I don't think we could afford a cake.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #1291
Killer Bee

I applaud your long marriage..

and now you can have your cake, and eat it too
Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 PM   #1292
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Mrs. Bee and I got married in the courthouse for $75.. went home, changed into work clothes and hauled all the junk out of the house we were buying.. seller had been renting it to some deadbeat packrats and VA appraiser was scheduled for that weekend.. one of our wedding presents was a construction dump trailer load hauled out.. still on our wedding day, had late lunch at 7-11, hot dogs and chips and set off to yosemite for mini honeymoon.. got up there late and got lost in the dark, set us back about three hours.. finally made it to our room on the river with fireplace, hot tub, etc.. got the call from the appraiser half way up some goat trail to a waterfall.. house made value we needed

I did buy her a $10k custom platinum diamond ring that is absolutely stunning.. friends of ours are members of newport yaught club hooked us up with their jeweler.. he made a one off tiffany style ring that's probably worth double that in a retail store.. we didn't have a fancy wedding, but she carries a few mortgage payments around on her finger, actually in the safe most of the time..

I'm very fortunate to found an extremely practical woman, even our recent projects on the house are intended to maximize the property value when we sell while making us comfortable while we're in it.. we have modest savings and investments but zero debt other than a comfortable mortgage.. and she's working on a solid retirement while I'm working on my second
I hesitate to put this in print for fear the CEO might see it, but, a good woman can be key to a mans success.

Of course a bad one can be a man's demise.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:12 PM   #1293
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Nice longhorn killer- snapped a pic of the C50 SPID- he’s the second owner
It has a 366 engine with a 4 speed transmission with no 2 speed. I had to research when they started installing the 366. I had only seen small blocks in 50 series. It would be interesting to know what drivetrain Chevyland's example has.

My first dump truck had a 366 with a 4 speed and 2 speed rear. It was a square body. We hauled thousands of yards of dirt with that thing. I traded it for a 71 Cheyenne super a few years ago and the guy is still running the wheels off of it.

In about 1969 a guy down the street from us bought a new 70 series, black with what seemed like chrome everywhere. I still remember those big 427 emblems in the hood. I was in awe of that truck.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #1294
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I hesitate to put this in print for fear the CEO might see it, but, a good woman can be key to a mans success.

Of course a bad one can be a man's demise.
Yep, both are very true. Sorry for doubling the exposure but I'd bet she already knows you feel that way.

Tim

Old 09-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #1295
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yep, both are very true. Sorry for doubling the exposure but I'd bet she already knows you feel that way.
Sort of tagging onto KB's story, when we were first married you could still build and sell a house for a profit around here. I would build houses on the side, move into them and put them up for sale. We moved a lot, she hung in there, and we had our place paid for before we were 30. We haven't had a house payment since 1980.

Same with vehicles. I bought whatever needed repair, fixed it and she drove it. She drove everything from a Grand Am builder to a Mercedes but they didn't have a payment. Now she drives whatever she asks for.

Warning, a story is coming.

We bought her a new Tahoe a while back. The dealer said they would finish the paperwork and I could bring a check by later in the week.

We got home and I said "Now all we have to do is figure out how we are going to pay for it." She replied, "What do you mean WE?".

Old 09-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #1296
special-K
Special Order

That's right. She's your Little Queenie

Tim

Old 09-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #1297
davischevy

An old man, a boy and a donkey were going to town. The boy
rode on the donkey and the old man walked. As they went along
they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the
old man was walking and the boy was riding. The man and boy
thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.
Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame,
he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would
walk. Soon they passed some more people who thought they
were stupid to walk When they had a decent donkey to ride. So,
they both rode the donkey. Now they passed some people that
shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor
donkey. The boy and man said they were probably right, so they
decided to carry the donkey. As they crossed the bridge, they lost
their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story? If you try to please everyone, you might as
well kiss your ass good-bye.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #1298
davischevy

Quote:
It's a sorry man that can't find his woman a good job.

Last edited by davischevy; 09-03-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #1299
Killer Bee

Old 09-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #1300
davischevy

Quote:
That is of funny, but it brings to mind in doing business around here the last few years we have to look at contracts for what is not in them more than what is.