The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Russ_the_truck79

ELECTRICAL DEMON! I'm stumped

so about a month ago I pulled up to a stop sign and took a right the truck just died... the only thing that worked was the left turn signal which i didn't even turn on! I took the key out and fiddled with the turn signal switch but the thing kept blinking! nothing else worked the truck would not turn over or make an electrical clicking noise or anything, even the seat belt buzzer didn't have enough power to make a noise. All connections were good as far as I knew. (I tightened up the battery to starter connection the night before as it was loose+no fuses were melted) Had to pop start it and I drove home (about 20 miles and plenty of stop signs) no problem...

I haven't had anymore problems since until last night when I shut my truck off at the drive through window. The truck was warmed up and the gauge said the battery had good voltage but the truck could only turn over once and very very slowly when I attempted to start it not 2 minutes later! Since this is my dd I am very hesitant to drive it now... I'm not sure if the problems are related or not but Please help!

BTW I recharged the battery after the first incident using a charger and an extra battery in a way that supposedly would refresh a battery that wasn't truly charged The charger said it was fully charged but it couldn't turn the engine over. After using that special charging method the battery worked and continued to work very well.

Thanks for reading I know that was long...
Old 04-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
Russ_the_truck79

Re: ELECTRICAL DEMON! I'm stumped

I apologize for posting in the wrong area... it's been awhile since ill post this in the correct page