The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #51
In The Ten Ring

Re: Unusual habits, traits

If my last employer checked up on me online, they didn't check up on me very closely. LOL

Every time I walk up to my car I walk around the entire vehicle making sure all my tires are inflated. I have started looking also for any body damage, insurance won't pay if you leave the lot without calling them about it first.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #52
Advanced Design

Oil or grease on my hands doesn't bother me. Getting food / condiments on my hands freaks me out.

I like salt on my watermelon (common around here) and mustard on boiled potatoes (picked up from my Grandpa). Pie is put in a bowl and eaten with a spoon. Point facing me, of course.

Don't like crowds of people. In large meetings or church, I avoid sitting in the middle of the row / pew and grab a seat on the end. Seems many people like to "cluster" and will sit in one area of a food court while I prefer to be away from the crowd.

In a restaurant, I prefer to sit with my back to the wall and face the door.
Given space, I park away from other vehicles in a parking lot and usually face out.

Gee...like Larry said, the longer this thread gets, the more "normal" we are.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #53
Bomp

While working on patch panel repair, sanding, you name it, can't stand standing on debris on the floor. Every half hour or so I run the broom to clean up the area.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #54
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Double roasted goobers. Salted roasted in-the-shell peanuts aren't bad, but I like mine darker.
I put a single layer on a steel cookie sheet & bake 22 minutes in the oven at 320 degrees.
Not only tastes much better, they don't bloat my stomach like regular store-bought goobers.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #55
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Double roasted goobers. Salted roasted in-the-shell peanuts aren't bad, but I like mine darker.
I put a single layer on a steel cookie sheet & bake 22 minutes in the oven at 320 degrees.
Not only tastes much better, they don't bloat my stomach like regular store-bought goobers.
You scared me until I read past the goober word....lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:31 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, I thought he was name calling on us. Buncha double roasted goobers we have here...sheesh!

I do a lot of the stuff Advance Design does, like parking, restaurant, sitting in rows, parking away, and backing in...even when a sign says "pull in parking only" (ridiculous/can't oblige). I call it foresight. I tend to eventually think all things through that I do repeatedly to find the best way. At a movie, concert, etc. I always sit and wait for the crowd to clear, then just stroll out. Why volunteer to be herded through the gate? When I wash my dishes I put spoons and forks handle down so they fit better and are easier to grab out and put knives blade down, for obvious reasons. They are the first thing I grab when putting away, since they are longer and easiest to grab.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote