The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
Laserwolf

60's color HELP PLEASE.

Hey guys, total rookie and new to the forum so please bare with me.

It's time for paint and I'm having a hard time pin pointing exact colors. I've looked at so many different chevy color charts and they all look different, even when the color has the same name. I found some websites with all the colors but when they show an image of the vehicle, it never seems to match the sample. Anyways, here's a few colors I like ( not in order of pics ). Found most of these on this forum so hoping someone can tell me what they are and what year because I'm not sure if the color changed with the year even if it kept the same name. I think they might be, crystal turquoise, light blue, light green and another darker shade of blue and maybe another turquoise? Also, anyone know what shade of white was used on the two tone? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Laserwolf; 08-11-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Laserwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
bpmcgee

Re: 60's color HELP PLEASE.

I can't speak authoritatively for all years, but I was looking through my '60 sales manual last night and, while there was a Tartan Turquoise, there were NO metallics offered on trucks that year -- only sedan deliveries. Tartan was closest to the 3rd picture in your post, I'd say.

Bombay Ivory was the white used with all two-tones.
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
VictoriaHardware

Re: 60's color HELP PLEASE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserwolf View Post
I've looked at so many different chevy color charts and they all look different, even when the color has the same name. I found some websites with all the colors but when they show an image of the vehicle, it never seems to match the sample.
You are not comparing apples to apples if you are looking at original unfaded color samples there in your hand versus a website. The website is subject to the scanner that stored the image, plus the computer screen (or phone) in front of you. Both may be green, but the shade can vary widely. Photos of original vehicles are maybe the most variable depending on the camera, film, and developing. Physical color samples will be the most reliable.
VictoriaHardware is offline   Reply With Quote