The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Sick5
C10 CLUB Y QUE!

1961 GMC Burban

just picked up my first suburban and im having a hard time looking for parts.. ill add some pics soon.. missing motor and tranny. I picked up in NV.
im missing the center seat. all the felt. top trim driver side. front windshield
im in Norcal ca btw. I got a rear bumper but it looks like someone took a hook to it and pulled it. any info would be great thanks
Sick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
spacedebris

Re: 1961 GMC Burban

welcome to the club.

Your gonna find that 60-66 burban parts are fairly difficult to find. A great deal are simply not made or reproduced anymore.

Now from the doors forward, the burbs share nearly all parts with the pickups. But from behind the door back, your gonna have to search for parts trucks, good pick your part locations, craigslist, evilbay, and any other resource you can find.

Engine and trans: the options are just about limitless depending on your skill and budget. A SBC is always a good choice and with few exceptions probably the easiest to put in. Or you could do like me and completely loose your mind and try something as absurd as to attempt a Cummins Diesel. I dont particularly recommend the cummins unless you enjoy pulling out your hair and are a masochist.

center seat: Good luck. You can still find them but they seem to be harder and harder to find. And when you do find them, they seem to be either $$$$ or POS. But they are there, you just have to keep an eye open.

Trim: I dont think I've ever seen them for sale. Oh, I see people looking for it but I dont think I've ever seen anyone find any except for those that had it made special. Or got lucky and found bits and pieces off parts trucks.

Windshield: all 60-63 pickups and burbs share same windshield. I've heard that safelite does have them available. Dont know if it is true or not but worth a shot.

I'd recommend getting catalogs from LMC, Brothers, and truck stop in orange. And if you are in doubt about anything in particular they guys here are an absolute treasure of information.
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
Sick5
C10 CLUB Y QUE!

Re: 1961 GMC Burban

thank you for all the info....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedebris View Post
welcome to the club.

Your gonna find that 60-66 burban parts are fairly difficult to find. A great deal are simply not made or reproduced anymore.

Now from the doors forward, the burbs share nearly all parts with the pickups. But from behind the door back, your gonna have to search for parts trucks, good pick your part locations, craigslist, evilbay, and any other resource you can find.

Engine and trans: the options are just about limitless depending on your skill and budget. A SBC is always a good choice and with few exceptions probably the easiest to put in. Or you could do like me and completely loose your mind and try something as absurd as to attempt a Cummins Diesel. I dont particularly recommend the cummins unless you enjoy pulling out your hair and are a masochist.

center seat: Good luck. You can still find them but they seem to be harder and harder to find. And when you do find them, they seem to be either $$$$ or POS. But they are there, you just have to keep an eye open.

Trim: I dont think I've ever seen them for sale. Oh, I see people looking for it but I dont think I've ever seen anyone find any except for those that had it made special. Or got lucky and found bits and pieces off parts trucks.

Windshield: all 60-63 pickups and burbs share same windshield. I've heard that safelite does have them available. Dont know if it is true or not but worth a shot.

I'd recommend getting catalogs from LMC, Brothers, and truck stop in orange. And if you are in doubt about anything in particular they guys here are an absolute treasure of information.
Sick5 is offline   Reply With Quote