The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #1226
swyfor5

Re: My new build thread: Stage 4!

Yep, gonna work on as much as I can now that I have it back home! Start with cleaning it out again and work on the body mounts and some body work.
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:10 AM   #1227
swyfor5

Yep, just been washing all my metal replacement panels that have been laying in the the back for too long. Not to rusty, but K5 has been sitting outside for too long. All new metal from Classic Heartbeat. I will not need all of the panels I bought, as I am not putting the stock rocker box parts back in.Stock rocker boxes, end caps, etc, I just wont need them with the rock slider setup we are going with. Not that this K5 is going to do much rock climbing, but this is the way I am going with this area of the resto!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #1228
Chulisohombre

As long as you tie the sliders into the body for rigidity you’ll be ok. Even with newer metal In mine it still is hard to open the doors sometimes if I’m not on solid flat ground. The body moves a lot with the hard top Off.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:55 AM   #1229
swyfor5

Right on Chuli. Plans are to tie it all together with the cage, body, and frame. Should be way better setup than original CHEVY design. Talked to Craig tonight about future plans, sounds good!
Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #1230
Chulisohombre

You’ll definitely be fine then adding them to the cage and body. Sounds like you have a solid plan.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #1231
swyfor5

Out of work early again today. Pushed stuff aside just enough to get the K5 inside the pole barn. Had a few snow flurries here today, and just wanted to get it inside.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #1232
swyfor5

Ok, must have been sitting around too much today. Ordered up a bunch of stuff from Brothers Trucks and LMC. Some replacement clutch parts, rubber seals, etc. So hard to just sit and not wrench on the K5! Next step is to get out to the pole barn and organize all the parts I have got allready.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #1233
swyfor5

Found this on Motortrend tv today. MotorcityK5.com Looking at buying the liftgate hydraulic strut kit.Kinda pricy at $150.00, but may just go for it anyway. Nice company in my home state, looking to buy some more stuff from them! Any feedback from members here?
Old 11-25-2018, 06:56 AM   #1234
Chulisohombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyfor5 View Post
Found this on Motortrend tv today. MotorcityK5.com Looking at buying the liftgate hydraulic strut kit.Kinda pricy at $150.00, but may just go for it anyway. Nice company in my home state, looking to buy some more stuff from them! Any feedback from members here?
I was also looking at that kit. Brothers sells it too. It would work way better than the stock slide locks I think. Mine have to be out in perfectvalignment to kick the star gear in place. I’ve thoughtvabout making the change for awhile but I haven’t put my top back on in a couple years at this point. But overall looks like a good upgrade if you plan on keeping the top on.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #1235
swyfor5

Looked at Brothers, could not find the strut kit. Just wanted to compare prices.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #1236
Chulisohombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyfor5 View Post
Looked at Brothers, could not find the strut kit. Just wanted to compare prices.
That’s weird. I got a email from them last month with a how to video on how to install it as well. I’ll have to look and see if I still can find it.

Last edited by Chulisohombre; 11-25-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #1237
Chulisohombre

Found it. It says for suburban but is the same kit for a blazer and jimmy as well. https://www.brotherstrucks.com/67-72...tinfo/SLGK772/
Old 01-06-2019, 04:25 AM   #1238
swyfor5

Yes, I am still here. It has been a rough trail lately in our life. Dealing with the wifes cancer and daily work stuff. I do have a bunch of stuff to upgrade on the K5 come warmer weather here. Got a 100 amp alternater, fuse setup, and wiring upgrade setup. Also got a Eastwoods fiberglass repair kit to rework the rear hatch, a gallon of Eastwoods gel rust remover-to redo my tailgate that surface rusted again. Oh, and Santa brought me a tailgate rubber protector from LMC.After spring comes here, I will try to get it back out to MAYHEM GARAGE to finish the rock sliders and etc. I am so dedicated to getting this K5 able to be my daily driver again. I just have so many obstacles in my way!!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:18 AM   #1239
swyfor5

Well, it has been since January that I have posted here. No real progress to report, with all life's happenings. I did get something done recently. I had bought the two used inner rear fenderwells from Sharpie back in 2010 or so. They were from Wyoming and were undercoated good, and rust free. I had completly cleaned them and sprayed them with self etching primer. One side had 12 holes drilled in it at some time to mount stuff. I felt like I had to get something done, so I took it to work and had one of our pro welders repair it today. Turned out real nice after I ground all the welds down. Need to put some paint on both sides again, and in the end it all will be done with bedliner of some sort. Wow, sorry for the long post, but I need some K5 therapy. Just glad to get back at it after so long! I'll post up some pic's when I get the paint on the fender wells!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #1240
litebulblsc

Just peck away at it. The little things add up
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:51 AM   #1241
swyfor5

I have asked this question before, but really need some help here now. I want to order up the two front seats soon. Has anybody on here used CORBEAU BAJA SS seats in the front of a 1st Gen. k5? I want to mount them to the cage I will have built, and just need some feedback. Not looking for tilting the passenger seat forward or sliders. I was just wondering if this seat will look and fit good mounted to a roll cage. Someone must have used these seats, and sure would like some pic's as to how they look mounted up! Please help me out guy's, so I can get them ordered up!
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #1242
swyfor5

Well, some therapy today.Got both rear inner fenderwells coated with primer again.I will spray on the top coat tommorrow.Also went through many boxes of parts in the barn to organize the parts.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:13 AM   #1243
swyfor5

Well, it's been quite a while off here. Not much progress to report, but I have been working on it again. I have got my rear inner fender wells painted, my outer cowl repainted, my glove box repainted, and got a bunch of hardware from LMC to mount it up. I have the hardware kits for the rear fenders, cowl area, both front fender kits, glove box, heater box studs, etc! Not to fond of LMC stuff, but nut and bolt hardware will work just fine. Also redoing the tailgate still, little bit of body filler, and some fresh primer. Our daughter is getting married saturday, after that I will try and post up some new pic's!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 AM   #1244
swyfor5

Well, here it is. I just am fed up with just sitting here with no progress on the K5. It is time to kick it in the ass and stomp on it again! I just ordered up 2 new steel wheels to see if they will fit my front steering setup/backspaceing? If wheels fit the front I will order 3 more and move on to the 40" Nitto trail grappler tires I want. I have got a bunch of primer paint done recenly. and it looks really good. My wife is still hanging in there, but don't know for how much longer.I am just at the point where I am going all out on this K5 for my sanity!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #1245
SeventyOne

40s...nice!

Post some pics!
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #1246
litebulblsc

Look forward to some progress.
litebulblsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #1247
jaros44sr

40's, holy crap, you'll be able to walk over anything

Wish you and your wife my best. keep you in my prayers

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:27 PM   #1248
swyfor5

Thank's guy's.I just have crossed over the bridge to work on getting this K5 done! I have a handful of friends ready to help, and it's time to get it done! I really don't have any other projects that are priorety in my life--so here WE GO!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:44 AM   #1249
swyfor5

Got the 2 new Battle Born Gatekeeper beadlock wheels yesterday. 17x9's, they are really nice. Just what I was looking for. Steel wheels, kind of heavy, but the 1 ton axles will be just fine. And I know they will be lighter than the 32 bolt hummer runflats on there now. Gotta mount one on the front to make sure they fit, and get some pic's posted up.Real happy to get this decision made and finally decide on what wheel and tire combo to go with for this final setup.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:37 AM   #1250
swyfor5

Well, got to update. My wife passed away wendsday morning, so on to the next phase of the K5 rebuild.I have some stuff to finish up, and we will be on to the Stage 5 of this journey. I have 3 awesome daughters with 3 really good men standing with them.It is time to kick this K5 build into Stage5! I have some funds to shore up, and then it is going down!