The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2019, 01:31 AM   #1
72kool

Bare bones '72 rebuild

I've decided to finally start a build thread for my truck. This will be a fairly slow paced build. Let's start with the intro.

I bought this 1972 GMC C20 Custom Camper almost 9 years ago. Local elderly gentleman bought it new, drove it around the farm everyday as neared retirement. Then it was passed on to his son and then hos grandson as he started his construction company. I got it with 62,000 original miles. Through the years I have fixed what was needed to drive it. Valve cover gaskets, belts and hoses. Then a heater core the first winter. After a couple years as it was, driving it on a occasion, it got an HEI upgrade and ne ignition system.

Over the years add a beautiful wife and three kids to my life, and the truck sat patiently in the background. It was a daily driver occasionally and now has 72,000 miles.

Fast forward to today. My current DD is a '93 suburban that has 277,000+ miles, engine and transmission had about 90k and 40k. But every other part is worn out and tired of spending money on it. So I decided it's time to make this my daily driver permanently.

The plan is to strip it down piece by piece and drive it in-between teardowns. As life goes, money is not in high abundance for this so it is going to be left stock mostly for now and just made reliable and ready for my daily needs.

Enough rambling for now, I will try to upload some pictures of the current progress.
Also disclaimer, my schedule is always busy it seems so this is all done down at night after 8pm a couple days a week so it will be slow going at times

Ok here are some pictures
Attached Images