The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
biohazardbill

Shocks.... need help please

I am having so much trouble finding a shock for the front of my truck.

It is bagged but not laying frame. Porterbuilt Arms.

Looked at some other threads and found that alot of people use the 33033. This shock has a compressed length of 10.125 which was too long and would bottom out before I was aired all the way down.

So I decided to get some shock extenders from ride tech that will raise the upper mount and change it to a stem. I installed the extension and now at fully compressed the distance is 11.125, fully up is 15.75.

On my burb it has KYB 344202 however the burb has a drop member which raises everything up a bit. The compressed length on them is 9.09" and extended length is 13.7, so this would limit me too much if I tried them on the up travel

Trying to find a shock I can get to work here. Any help appreciated as this is the last thing needed before I can get this thing on the road. I have been searching for a couple hours now but apparantly not going about it the right way.

Any help appreciated.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote