The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
2ndGenRR

'62 Shortbed Chassis in MI

Hey All - I swapped the chassis on my father-in-laws '62 SWB truck over the winter...now I have a big hunk of steel to get rid of in the form of the original chassis. It is in very good condition...not rusty or crusty. It was a CA truck that was cosmetically restored in 2002 and the chassis is painted black. All stock suspension...torsion bars in the front and truck arms in the back. Drum brakes all the way around.

The PO bobbed the front and rear sections off of our replacement frame (I assume to run roll pans), so we had to take the missing sections from this chassis to run bumpers. If you want to run roll pans this chassis is all set...if not, you will have to add back some metal so you can mount your bumpers. Also, we had to steal the cab mounts as the cab on our truck is not a '62, but a '63 and the mounts changed. We still have the proper '62 cab mounts, but they need to be welded back on. Both of these are minor issues for a guy with a little bit of fab skills and a welder!

Do what we did...build a chassis while you keep your truck on road! Heck, Porterbuilt even sells a dropmember for these chassis now!!

$250 OBO. Thanks! Pat
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton, 3-window...building to sell.
Daily Drivers: 1998 3/4 ton Burb with a 6.5 Turbo Diesel and 1994 1/2 ton Silverado.

I grew up in Flint, Michigan so I can't help but to bleed Chevy!

Last edited by 2ndGenRR; 07-08-2008 at 10:29 AM.
2ndGenRR is offline   Reply With Quote