The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Membership tiers revisited. Please read, thanks.

We have had a bit of confusion again with the membership tiers. Below is a link to the tiers, as well as a brief explanation to help clear things up. If you have any questions about membership, or have a current subscription you need updated, please message Josh directly.

Thank you

Quote:
Premium Membership
If you are the "Occasional" seller that is just cleaning out your surplus of parts left over from your build, you will need the Premium Member subscription. This will allow you access to start threads in any of the Classified forums.
Quote:
High Octane Membership
For our members that like to buy and sell frequently, we have added a new membership level that will fit your needs. This will allow you to take advantage of the growing demand for selling used parts on here as well as Craigslist, eBay or other off site sources.

This is designed specifically for individuals that want to offer primarily used parts, manufacturer small parts, or offer services at an affordable price. It is not to be used for location or internet based businesses that offer parts or services as a primary source of income. The Forum Staff will be available to help determine if you meet the guidelines.
Quote:
Gold Vendor
For our members that are employees or owners of a business that would like to take advantage of the huge volume of customers this site has to offer we have what you need. We can help you increase your sales by promoting your product. We provide you the ability to offer weekly or monthly promotions that will be showcased in related forums. You may add a logo to your signature, or a direct link to your site. You will be promoted on a supporting vendor list as well.

Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Membership tiers revisited. Please read, thanks.

Hmmm, Interesting ... Seems like a bunch of blues here need to up their membership status to high octane since they mostly just use the board to sell stuff when checking their posting history.

Thanks for the reminder Liz =)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Hmmm, Interesting ... Seems like a bunch of blues here need to up their membership status to high octane since they mostly just use the board to sell stuff when checking their posting history.

Thanks for the reminder Liz =)
I've looked at the posting history of some blue members that sell here frequently, one had all 250 of his threads posted here in the parts board and has never been a high octane seller. When asked to upgrade he "disappeared" from here conveniently for the next several months.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

I have had a pm in to Josh since end of January with questions that I have not gotten a response to. I know I need to upgrade but I screwed it up last time I renewed and wanted to make sure I got it right.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am sorry about that. I will poke him with a really pointy stick for you
Old 03-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #6
paulspickupparts

I also tried to change my membership pricing and sent an e-mail . Never did get an answer. I did get an immediate response (unrequested ) when I changed credit cards and new number and was billed to the old number(which did not go thru) .
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #7
396ci

i was wondering when the admins would address this. i have been an occasional seller for years but buy the high octane membership because i want this forum to thrive.

i see many premium sellers offering high dollar nos parts, benefiting from the sales but not paying for the appropriate membership level. i especially get frustrated when it appears that these are business owners who part trucks for a living and not people with regular full time jobs who sell parts to fund projects.

enough of the rant, thank you liz, josh, and all the volunteers that make this site great.
1974 Chevy Crew Cab Shorty
396ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #8
paulspickupparts

^2 . I totally agree . With the high advent of reproduction I sell very little here . Even though I should lower my seling level I have left my selling level as is . Like you I feel it is a way to support the site. It takes a tremendous amount of work to set up and maintain a site like this.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
I also tried to change my membership pricing and sent an e-mail . Never did get an answer. I did get an immediate response (unrequested ) when I changed credit cards and new number and was billed to the old number(which did not go thru) .
If this happens please pm a staff member. I reply to a ton of email that never gets where it is suppose to. I also miss some due to junk filters as well.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #10
w314speed

I am probably one that has sold that should move to the next tier, but this was not communicated in any way? I was told that to sell, you pay so much for the privilege! But was never told there was a tier increase for those that sold more than others! Set a limit for each tier to sell and when the limit is reached the member must pay to the next tier or lose the privilege! Let me know if I need to move up to High Octane, let me know and How to get there! Thanks, Dan
w314speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #11
countr

I am working on a 72 all original truck (I might add a 4x4 to my list) but made a decision to only use GM nos on anything I put on the truck. so in doing this I am buying many more parts than needed(package deals, buying a piece then finding one better and individual parts that I get a duplicate in the package I also change my mind a lot!).With that being said I am a hobbyist that will have a lot of buys and sells should I stay as a premium member or update to high octane? I see myself with a max of two trucks and have lost money on most of what I have sold. lol!
countr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #12
Tuff Gong

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr View Post
I am working on a 72 all original truck (I might add a 4x4 to my list) but made a decision to only use GM nos on anything I put on the truck. so in doing this I am buying many more parts than needed(package deals, buying a piece then finding one better and individual parts that I get a duplicate in the package I also change my mind a lot!).With that being said I am a hobbyist that will have a lot of buys and sells should I stay as a premium member or update to high octane? I see myself with a max of two trucks and have lost money on most of what I have sold. lol!
I'm in the same boat. I sent a PM to Josh to see were I sit. I have probably posted 200 or so for sale ads over the last 5 or 6 years.
Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #13
countr

I think there are many of us with a passion for these trucks and are not out to make a buck, we buy then sell then buy again because we are not sure what direction we are going with a project (mostly learning what the old timers already know). This creates a lot of transactions but no profit. How do we determine the guys that love the past from the guys who are only doing it for profit? I think this is the best forum I have seen to preserve the Chevy past and have no problem paying the extra I just need to know what is required?
countr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #14
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I'm glad this is going to be addressed by our great management. The tier method that was mentioned above sounds the most fair. It would prevent someone from feeling singled out. If you hit a certain threshold, you must move to a higher tier. I'm just not sure how this would be policed.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by w314speed View Post
I am probably one that has sold that should move to the next tier, but this was not communicated in any way? I was told that to sell, you pay so much for the privilege! But was never told there was a tier increase for those that sold more than others! Set a limit for each tier to sell and when the limit is reached the member must pay to the next tier or lose the privilege! Let me know if I need to move up to High Octane, let me know and How to get there! Thanks, Dan
I will look at it for you. The tiers have been in place since 2009
Old 03-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
I'm glad this is going to be addressed by our great management. The tier method that was mentioned above sounds the most fair. It would prevent someone from feeling singled out. If you hit a certain threshold, you must move to a higher tier. I'm just not sure how this would be policed.
simple, self police. If it is more than leftover parts then move up. If you post 50 posts in 3 months and 48 are for sale posts, you should probably consider it more than leftover parts.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr View Post
I think there are many of us with a passion for these trucks and are not out to make a buck, we buy then sell then buy again because we are not sure what direction we are going with a project (mostly learning what the old timers already know). This creates a lot of transactions but no profit. How do we determine the guys that love the past from the guys who are only doing it for profit? I think this is the best forum I have seen to preserve the Chevy past and have no problem paying the extra I just need to know what is required?
Just PM myself or Josh with your specific situation. If I dont know, I send you to someone whom does. Believe me, I have bought and sold and changed many times and do understand.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #18
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

So, does this membership upgrade just pretain to truck parts or other items too, such as used automotive radios or maybe fine indian jewelery?

Based just on a post count for selling parts and things?

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #19
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

It is for placing a classified ad, no matter the content
Old 03-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #20
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I may have to upgrade so I can sell my collection of fine Indian jewelry haha!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
Grumpy old man

CG are you selling Jewelry too ? I'm a longstanding member of the slapaho tribe and we have regular pow wows on our sales !

Come on guys for a lousy $15.00 a month ? you know who you are ! You pay more for lunch 1 day a month at Mc Donalds !

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 03-10-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #22
Black71Shorty

SERIOUSLY!!! This is pretty much self explanatory. I know I'll probably make a lot if not everyone mad, but if you can't read and understand the membership criteria or willing to pay the money to have the level of membership you need...then honestly, you shouldn't be on this forum. This is THE absolute best place to get information, questions answered, buy parts you cannot get anymore, and so much more! The people who have created, run and maintain this site for all of us to be able to converge and share our passion for these great trucks, have quite a bit to do keeping things running.
Black71Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #23
1968k20

I just updated my subscription from premium to High Octane. Here are the reasons why: 1.this is the best website for information. 2. I can afford it. 3.i have met some great people 4. It feels like being part of a family. 5. I have learned a bunch from this website. Thanks everyone for all the questions answered! Lisa
Yanmar Tractor 3 Cyl Diesel
1968k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #24
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Thank you
Old 03-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Looks like several members that sell a ton of stuff on the board stepped up and upgraded, thanks guys!!!!

Bringing this back up for the guys the guys that mainly use the board for making dough selling parts. We like the parts, and who doesn't like making dough, but the rules are there for a reason.

Thanks again!!!!