The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
snipescastle2

Serious Black

Hello all! I figured I had to start my build thread sooner or later, so this is a "Works in progress" build thread.....I bought my project back in July of 2013, and have been steadily making progress, been focusing my attention to the Chassis mostly, but also working on the rust repair when I found the time.
When I bought the truck, it was completely disassembled. the term- "Basket Case" comes to mind, I rented a 17' U haul truck thinking that would be enough, wrong...I had to rent a car hauler as well because of the additional chassis and cab I got in the deal. I wish I had pictures of that, but I don't.

Once I got everything unloaded and put away, I blasted the chassis and other parts with crushed,recycled glass, then I powdercoated the chassis at my Uncle's place (he built a Powder Coating Oven for his "B Mod" stock car building/race team) came in real handy

I have since coated all the suspension pieces,rear axle housing and several other pieces for the interior,etc.... I scored a 12 bolt Posi rear axle assembly from one of the bosses at work, 3.73, just what I wanted. rebuilt the carrier(new bearings anyways) and I replaced all the suspension bushings with Poly versions, all new front suspension pieces, ball joints/tie rods,etc.... and I also converted the rear end to rear disc brakes as well.....using Captain Fabs kit- very nicely done Captain Fab! I also welded in some steel tube sections in the rear cross member to pass my exhaust through, so I can tuck everything up out of the way.....

More to come.....enjoy!

made my own track bar, using some of my uncle's race car parts, Heim joints and chromemolly tube. basically, I have to run the brake lines/fuel lines and transmission lines, mount my engine/transmission and determine if I have to cut my drive shaft....most likely will. I got my Brother-in-law to build me a 700R4 overdrive transmission with all the heavy duty internals, 2500 stall convertor to match the 383 small block I'm currently building-still waiting on my heads to be finished, then I can finish the longblock.

I'm going with a 2 1/2" and 4" drop on this one, then I'll see where it sits, maybe then put some drop spindles if I'm not happy with the stance....

I'm currently finishing the rust repair and Hopefully, February it goes in for paint!
My Plans are to run the Rally wheels for now, then get a set of the Ridler 645's 20's but I'm on the fence as to wether I want the fully polished rims, or bet the Black ones with the polished Lips and spokes.............

I'm gonna call my project "Serious Black" or maybe the "MISTRESS" for the other Woman.......
Attached Images

Last edited by snipescastle2; 12-23-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: adding
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote