The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > LSx Classifieds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #1
Hawkynz

Tejas Steelworks LS Swap Engine Mounts

They are new. I did paint them and install them, but they did not work for my application. I took them back out and never ran them.

Tejas SteelWorks Motor Mounts for Squarebody Trucks!

This is your solution for a clean, factory like install on your Squarebody C/K truck! Our 2nd generation mounts eliminate the clamshell bracket, but use the OE rubber clamshell isolators. They are the center of our systematic approach to putting an LS in these trucks. We’ve tried to answer all your questions in our C10 Swap Guide!
Our proprietary engine position allows you to keep the GM truck oil pan flush with the 2wd suspension crossmember, and retain the low mount A/C compressor (Denso 10S17F type is preferred). This position is approximately 3″ forward of “stock’ location, as required to keep the low mount compressor. This saves you $300 or more on an A/C relocation bracket. This is money we strongly suggest you invest in driveshaft upgrades. The factory driveshafts aren’t safe at the potential speeds the LS can turn them to.

These do work in your 4wd Squarebody! They should clear the crossmember under the engine, and allow you to keep the low mount compressor. Transmission and transfer case need to be repositioned. How much will vary depending on combination used.

These mounts are frequently used in 1964-1972 model C10s by swapping in the engine stands from a 1973-1987 model. Most automatic transmissions clear the tunnel without modifications. They will not work in ’72 and earlier 4wd trucks.
Attached Images

Hawkynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #2
Joemomma1

Re: Tejas Steelworks LS Swap Engine Mounts

Am I overlooking the price?
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote