The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #301
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

 
Dieselwrencher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Prairie City, Ia
Posts: 15,051
Re: Project Beatrix

Yeah, your truck is looking killer!!!!
__________________
Ryan
1972 Chevy Longhorn K30 Cheyenne Super, 359 Inline 6 cylinder, Auto Trans, Tilt, Diesel Tach/Vach, Buckets, Rare Rear 4-link and air ride option Build Thread
1976 K30 CC SWB Build Thread

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #302
mooseknuckles
Registered User
 
mooseknuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ottawa,canada
Posts: 4,540
Re: Project Beatrix

omg!
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #303
knomadd
Senior Member
 
knomadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rosenberg, Texas
Posts: 3,224
Re: Project Beatrix

Nice!
__________________
-Duane

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #304
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Yeah, your truck is looking killer!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
omg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Nice!
Thanks guys. Hopeing to spend some more time on her this weekend. Want to get the frame for the bed floor done so I can get some wood in it and install my Chub Tubz!!!
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:26 AM   #305
7wolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Smyrna, GA
Posts: 20
Re: Project Beatrix

SO badass! any updates?
7wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:18 AM   #306
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Thanks 7wolf! No updates as of yet. Got a bunch of parts at the blaster and im trying to get the raised bed floor frame done. Should have some new pictures in the next few weeks. Goal is still to have it running by the end of summer. We will see if that happens.
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #307
ol_skool_chevy
Registered User
 
ol_skool_chevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
Posts: 1,291
Re: Project Beatrix

You have a Beautiful truck started there. I really like the grey powder coating on the frame. I have been looking at the same for mine...what grey did you use?
__________________
Measure with a yard stick
Mark with Chalk
Cut with a torch



Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
ol_skool_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #308
mcbassin
Still Learning
 
mcbassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Oklahoma
Posts: 10,050
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
Thanks 7wolf! No updates as of yet. Got a bunch of parts at the blaster and im trying to get the raised bed floor frame done. Should have some new pictures in the next few weeks. Goal is still to have it running by the end of summer. We will see if that happens.
We need pictures....
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #309
knomadd
Senior Member
 
knomadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rosenberg, Texas
Posts: 3,224
Re: Project Beatrix

^^^What he said^^^
__________________
-Duane

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:15 PM   #310
TrshTrk
Registered User
 
TrshTrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 34
Re: Project Beatrix

__________________
Trash Truck
69 GMC
TrshTrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #311
shores6
Registered User
 
shores6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stigler, OK
Posts: 115
Re: Project Beatrix

Man this thing is coming along. Lookin awesome, man.
__________________
Todd
https://www.instagram.com/shores6/

Project: Boosted Blucille. '70 C10 SWB PB Fab, LS2 S480 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=700419
shores6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #312
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_skool_chevy View Post
You have a Beautiful truck started there. I really like the grey powder coating on the frame. I have been looking at the same for mine...what grey did you use?
Thanks, the name of the grey I used is craftsman grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
We need pictures....
They are coming slowly but surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
^^^What he said^^^


Quote:
Originally Posted by shores6 View Post
Man this thing is coming along. Lookin awesome, man.
Thanks shores

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrshTrk View Post
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #313
TrshTrk
Registered User
 
TrshTrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 34
Re: Project Beatrix

I feel like you probably read up a lot on your set up and I have a LQ4/4L80e questions!!!! Can you run that set up with a ls1 style intake without changing the truck harness to the f body engine harness? and if you do have to change to the f body harness... do the transmissions (4l80e and 4l60e) share the same connections?! I know f body guys get 4l80's built and use them with the factory PCM... Hopefully I'm making sense. If you can shed a little light on the subject or have a link to something, thank you. If not... thanks for building a badass truck and documenting it.
__________________
Trash Truck
69 GMC
TrshTrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #314
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrshTrk View Post
I feel like you probably read up a lot on your set up and I have a LQ4/4L80e questions!!!! Can you run that set up with a ls1 style intake without changing the truck harness to the f body engine harness? and if you do have to change to the f body harness... do the transmissions (4l80e and 4l60e) share the same connections?! I know f body guys get 4l80's built and use them with the factory PCM... Hopefully I'm making sense. If you can shed a little light on the subject or have a link to something, thank you. If not... thanks for building a badass truck and documenting it.
You can run an F-body harness but you will have to either use the F-body injectors or change the connectors. As for the transmission you can run an 80e by adding a input speed sensor and wiring 2 wires to the PCM. The rest of the connectors are the same, the only other mod you will need to make is to the round connector on the transmission. Terminal U gets moved to terminal S and the original wire in S is no longer used. Hope this helps.
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #315
TrshTrk
Registered User
 
TrshTrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 34
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
You can run an F-body harness but you will have to either use the F-body injectors or change the connectors. As for the transmission you can run an 80e by adding a input speed sensor and wiring 2 wires to the PCM. The rest of the connectors are the same, the only other mod you will need to make is to the round connector on the transmission. Terminal U gets moved to terminal S and the original wire in S is no longer used. Hope this helps.
very helpful! thank you.
A friend tried to steer me away from the 4l80 saying it was "more work than what its worth" and said to just built the th400.
__________________
Trash Truck
69 GMC
TrshTrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:05 AM   #316
jerimy75
Registered User
 
jerimy75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 57
Re: Project Beatrix

Brandon - great looking pickup so far! I'm loving the frame and engine colors. Sorry if you provided already, but can you let us know what tire sizes you are running?

Thanks!
jerimy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #317
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Finally got the mount built for my Accuair Exo mount. Wanted to keep everything together and out of the way so I designed a mount to hold the whole unit and float it over the gas tank. Think it turned out pretty good for a simple design that bolts to the notch with rivnuts!













__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #318
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerimy75 View Post
Brandon - great looking pickup so far! I'm loving the frame and engine colors. Sorry if you provided already, but can you let us know what tire sizes you are running?

Thanks!
Jerimy I am running 265/35R22 up front and 285/35R22 in the rear.
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #319
mcbassin
Still Learning
 
mcbassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Oklahoma
Posts: 10,050
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
Finally got the mount built for my Accuair Exo mount. Wanted to keep everything together and out of the way so I designed a mount to hold the whole unit and float it over the gas tank. Think it turned out pretty good for a simple design that bolts to the notch with rivnuts!
Looks great Brandon!
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:28 AM   #320
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne
 
STOCKISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wake Forest NC
Posts: 5,696
Re: Project Beatrix

Looking good man!
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
--Josh

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=717887

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #321
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looks great Brandon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKISH View Post
Looking good man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks fellas!
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #322
MMcMasters
Registered User
 
MMcMasters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rochester, IL
Posts: 537
Re: Project Beatrix

Brandon, that is awesome!!
__________________
__________________
Mike



70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #323
knomadd
Senior Member
 
knomadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rosenberg, Texas
Posts: 3,224
Re: Project Beatrix

That looks great!
__________________
-Duane

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #324
boostedc10
Registered User
 
boostedc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 747
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
Brandon, that is awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
That looks great!
Thanks guys, hopefully I will get my elevel sensors mounted up tonight and start plumbing the airlines. Once that is done I can get the bed floor frame figured out.
__________________
Brandon

Instagram: DRVFSTR

Current Project: Beatrix - 1967 SWB LQ4/78mm Turbo/4L80e/ on bags

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634691
boostedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #325
jerimy75
Registered User
 
jerimy75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 57
Re: Project Beatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
Jerimy I am running 265/35R22 up front and 285/35R22 in the rear.
Thanks Brandon!
jerimy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com