The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
COoverwatch

71 C20 Build - Road to Reno

Hi All,
So I have been slowly working on a 64 Riviera to take to Hot August Nights this year and finial came to the realization that I would not have her finished in time. As I was pondering the option for the trip the wife asked if the C20 that had been sitting next to the tractor would be an option. HUMMMMMM...

So I tossed in a new battery and the beast came to life. drove it down the driveway and soon realized that this just might work. Needs breaks and some clean up but it is better then eating the entry fee.

with a new spring in my step we set out to rebuild the breaks and in a day we had a new break system minus new break lines. so we threw some cinder blocks in the truck and down the drive we went. hit the breaks and we went sliding off our make shift seats. At that time my wife noticed the holes in the floor and said that those will need to be fixed if the kids were going to be in it. Also, could we do something about the dent in the fender and the color... White was to boring. "well why not. I have nothing else to do and we have 4 weeks before we leave."

another day and I had the front end disassembled and a plan to repair the holes in the floor. I was going to just do a temp patch and fix it right after the show. However, with doing a new paint job I was already stripping the truck down and didn't want to do that twice... especially with new paint.

when I bought the truck I had purchased a new fender, rocker panels, toe kick and inner floor metal. With parts in hand and the truck stripped I laid out for the cuts.... more to follow...

Name:  uglybabby3.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  uglybabby4.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  uglybabby5.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  54.6 KB
COoverwatch is offline   Reply With Quote