The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
Green67Stepper

DIY LS swap on a budget

I have finally got to the point where i'm ready to start collecting parts and i think i have nailed down for the most part what all i'm going with, so i figured it was time to start (another...) LS swap thread.

My goal for this swap is to keep the install simple with good parts, but not over the top upgrades, with a lower budget in mind.

For reference, my truck is a '67 with a 250/3speed.

Here is what i have in mind right now.

Motor/Trans: 5.3l/4l60E (found a guy in Memphis that sells them all the time, should be able to get a combo with harness and acc. for around $1000-1200)

Engine Perches/Mounts/Adaptor Plate: i'm going to use all of the CPP stuff for this. ($275-300)

Shifter: planning to get a automatic floor shifter from American Shifter ($275-300) and just keep my factory steering column for now.

Headers: Speed Engineering LS swap headers ($175)

Wiring Harness: Right now planning to use Modern Vintage Systems, but did find a guy locally that builds them too for a little cheaper. ($350-550)

Radiator: getting an Champion aluminum 4 row from AZProPerformance ($300)

Efans: going to find some take outs from an other newer LS car/truck ($50-100)

Exhaust: TBD

Tuning: TBD

Fuel Tank: either going get an LMC LS swap Tank, or may go the Jeep Wrangler tank route. ( still need to do some more research.)

Fuel System/Lines: TBD (need suggestions on easy options)

Oil Pan: right now i'm planning to run the Holley LS swap oil pan from AZProPerformance, but i think i can find a cheaper option, just need to research some more ($400)

Gauges: undecided, i would like to just go Dakota Digital, but i'm not dishing out $800 right now for gauges. I'd like to make something work for around ($300-400)

Trans Crossmember: re-use factory one and drill new holes.

i dont doubt i have forgotten something so any and all advice is welcomed. i'll update parts and prices as I get parts in.

Last edited by Green67Stepper; 08-29-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Green67Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote