The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
Chevymaster461

1967 k20 ( CST PRO ) build

1967 k20 CST PRO BUILD
This is a copy from another thread of mine it the history and direction I want want to take my build
I know what your thinking they never made a CST PRO ..HUH
JUST READ AN YOULL FIND OUT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

Thanks for the input it something I really needed to hear something positive lol
I'll post build thread and more detail on build .... Even if it was uber rare (because of motor ... Come on hatters keep hating on my motor) I will be building my dream truck 4x4 as I have a kinda one of a kind idea for it...(one day when I was 16 and got home from driving side ways lol I told my rusty ... Really rusty c20 that I would restore it to make it happy lol it was my first truck/car it's what I learned to drift in ... I just never knew what I wanted to do cause of so many options to choose from ... So with that said the time went by now several years gone by I got in to 4x4ing an wanted to save as much of the original truck I promised to restore not only for me but it was the first truck my 2 girls (golden lab sisters same litter ( so Dna number matching) ) rode in an toke them to the beach in so it means a lot to them when I removed the cab off the chassis they where upset an deviated looks on there faces ... Plus all through school I always got bullied an cause of that I never got good grades so when I toke a test in school an got 100% my uncle who bought it in 68 that I was buying it from for $500 gave it to me as a present for my good grade an hard effort so it has a lot of sentimental value (so even if It was uber rare I would have probably kept it an not sold not even for a million) so then I started looking in to k frame swap to build a beater 4x4 with heavy duty running gear and so I picked up a 69 k20 frame , decent bed (a lil dented but not rusted like my 67 bed was from dogs) leaf springs, front Dana 44 CK ,gm 14 bolt that was mostly parted but it had title and got it for $75 yes $75 not $750 (as the 14 bolt alone goes for $350 in my area) so boom I had my base platform and most of every thing I needed to start but then it sat for a while cause serious depression hit then I got better did some work and boom depression hit again then it cleared up then I broke my hand (current ) so my therapy project is just sitting but it's gave me the idea that I have now witch is ..( ever herd of a Toyota TRD if so in 2015 they started making there TRD PRO series witch for those who don't know is a more capable off road package) so the idea sparked in my head of what if in 67-72 Chevy made a CST PRO (K series CST that's factory looking and is a very capable off road rig ) so I'm using the best of the off-road parts from 67-72 used on Chevys to put together a kool package all the way down to a custom factory looking spid with my options on it .. So I think my truck we'll be very happy when done ... I'll post build thread link soon on what I have

Lol I can write a freaken Novel on this page this just chapter one
Pieced 67/69 k20
My BUILD 67 K20 ( CST PRO )
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7220313
Chevymaster461 is offline   Reply With Quote