The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #1
Eastonspeedworks

Arrow Bad deal with a board member

I hate to be "that guy" but I feel others need to know about an issue I had with a board member on here. July of last year I got a hold of "grumpy old man" via pm and discussed having him build me an interior for my 69 c10. After finalizing exactly what I wanted I sent him a deposit of 500$ via PayPal on 8/3/17. Then I sent off a dash pad, radio delete (for color sample) 2 yards of sms cloth for the inserts, a set of 292 motor mounts, and a divorced coil hei for a 292 as part of the payment as well. Now he did tell me it would take some time to put together everything. But in September the neighbors caught my shop on fire, fortunately we only suffered smoke damage but the smell was intolerable in the truck. After that I asked him about the interior and was promised color samples on Monday and some pictures of the progress. Well neither came he told me he was busy with another guys interior on here and would get on mine soon. After checking in several times I had finally had enough of the same story and asked for my parts back and my money. This was on Mar 4th. He quickly agreed to send all of my stuff back. But only sent back the fabric, radio delete, and 300 dollars after selling the seat locally and apparently waiting on refunds on stuff he ordered. Since then I have tried to call and text him several times asking about the rest of my stuff. So here I am 8 months later with a smoked put interior and out money and parts. Car show season is right around the corner and I get to live with the smell.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Elliot949
Dan Johnston

Re: Bad deal with a board member

Sorry this is going on... I have dealt with him in the past without any issue...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Old 04-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
Eastonspeedworks

I know a lot of people have had a good experience with him. I actually had a couple people on here recommend him and that's why I went with him. Not really sure what happened with this deal
Old 04-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
OARNGESI

Sounds like he took a side deal with the intent hell do it when he is slow personally when you tell someone to take there time it has a tendency to be pushed to the back burner. I have been in your spot and I’m not making excuses but that’s why it’s always better to pay a fair price and keep your stuff tell they are free to work on them. Always define all sides of the deal telling someone in a service industry to take their time is asking for trouble. Especially when you give too much money upfront because time goes by and when it’s time to get to work they drag their feet because there is no money. No offense grumpy this has been my experience.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I don't think Eastonspeedworks needs a lesson on how to deal with people. I think it's obvious Grumpy Old Man needs to do what he says. There isn't a person that does services on these trucks who doesn't understand what a reasonable amount of time is to do what they say they will do. If there are any who don't, it should become obvious when the person asks for everything back after several months. Then it's time to do that!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
MySons68C20

What Special K said!
Old 04-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Was the truck insured??? If you had classic insurance I would think they would actually hook you up with a new interior because of the smoke damage?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Old 04-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #8
Eastonspeedworks

Unfortunately 23 is to young to qualify for classic car insurance. I'd actually been looking into it a couple weeks before that happened. This year I'll be old enough to get proper insurance
Old 04-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #9
68is4me

Hopefully he will come through. He did some stuff for me and it did take him awhile to make good with is promise. But he did finally go above and beyond for me. Good luck he did do nice work.
06 gmc duramax
Old 04-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
Eastonspeedworks

I still haven't heard anything back from him.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #11
Grumpy old man

Well...Yes it's totally my fault for getting behind on other members projects and building GR8-68 interior took way longer to work out that I had planned BUT I wasn't going to slap it together just to get his done . All paypal funds have been returned and parts shipped back to you . I really am Sorry this didn't work out for either of us and I'm sure the fire you had to endure changed your time frame significantly , The plan was to keep your truck intact in Wy. While I built the new seat/door panels/visors and arm rests and ship it all to you at one time while you were still able to drive your truck until I was done .

Originally Posted by Eastonspeedworks
so I talked with you a while back about doing a seat for my truck and I think I'm pretty much ready to do one. I'm looking to do a similar seat to n2billets hazel but I'm not sure what cloth inserts to go with. I've seen some impala stuff I'd liked in the past. Did you get that thread going with pictures of your work I'd like to look through it if possible. I'm going to need an entire seat frame shipped to me and I'd prefer the earlier style that folds forward. Let me know if you're interested
Thanks,
Broc Easton

" I have an extra 67 CST full foam folding seat , I don't advertise anything anymore I get multiple requests a week without it . What is your time frame because I'm not in business anymore so it takes time for me to build them , I suggest you find exactly what design your looking for and send me a picture or a decent sketch of what you want and I can build anything from just a picture , I have 3 seats going out this week to different members who I've already sent the rest of the interiors out to( door panels ,dash cover,visors ,kick panels) . You can look at different materials at albrightssupply.com A lot of the guys just search thru magazines to find what they want ."

"This is what I'm looking to do. I might be interested in doing a set of door panels and a dash pad as well. My truck is 505 dark green so I'd leave it up to you to color match but I can send you a piece of the truck to do it. My time frame is completely open I honestly don't mind if you don't get to it until this winter. If you would like to email me so pictures are easier to deal with my address is eastonspeedworks@Gmail.com"
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
Eastonspeedworks

I did get all of my stuff back so we can call the matter closed. I'm sorry it didn't work out either but you got to communicate better when you're that far behind. Not trying to start an argument just my honest opinion on the matter. Thanks for returning everything and have a good one.
Closed Thread