The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Hart_Rod

Question 3rd door window glass installation

Does anyone have any good tips/suggestions for installation of the 3rd door window glass? Just asking before I find out the hard way...... Thanks,

Rob
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 3rd door window glass installation

As per Leon I used Vaseline on the fixed window seals to make sure they seated all the way to the back. I installed the divider bar to check the glass was in the proper place. I had already set the moving glass in the bottom of the door but clear of the divider. Then when I was happy with the fixed glass I removed the fasteners from the divider and angled it forward and then fitted the sliding glass into the tracks and pushed the glass up and brought the divider back to its proper place and installed it. I should mention I had preinstalled new channel felts in the guides but not across the top. I cut and fit those last after the rest was done. I wrapped the divider bars in the middle with some thin plastic stock and taped it down to protect the paint on them. If I would have thought ahead more I wouldn't have taped the part that below the window frame as it was a real pain to get the tape off inside the door.
Just my 2 cents worth. Your results may vary.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote