The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
84blaze

Rust-Eh (1953 Chevrolet 3100)

Ive had this thread posted for a few months over on S10forum, so here it is...

It's a 1949 Chevrolet 1434. It's spent its time as a farm truck in the prairies prior to being bought by the second owner. After he bought it, it sat for nearly 7 years with plans to restore. Now I'm the third owner of this truck and I'm ready to actually give it the love it deserves.

I still need to get a box, rear fenders and side steps but at least I have the main parts to get started.

Since Ive been toying around with S-series for years now I've collected quite a few parts and pieces, which will be very helpful in this build. The plan is to lay it out on a long bed S10 chassis using my SD arms and Ridetech 4 link. I will be keeping the exterior completely original, as it has such beautiful patina. The interior will stay mostly original as well as I'm going for more of a rat rod look on this one.

It came with different fenders that are in better shape and match the patina. They also have the incorporated turn signals below the headlights.

Eventually once I get a chassis and mount the body on the frame I will be in search of a LS engine.

Anyways, here are some photos from when I viewed it today. It gets delivered tomorrow! :tup:

84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote