The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

1972 c10 rear swaybar with leaf springs.

Hey all, I recently purchased a Addco rear swaybar model 951 for my 72 c10 with rear leafs. I am having a issue with the u bolts that attach the bar to rear axle tube. They keep loosening up allowing the swaybar to droop in turn making the rear end sloppy around turns. I've already retorqued them a few times. I used grade 8 flat, lock washers, and nuts. It seems like the threads on the u bolts arent long enough to really get a good torque on the nuts. The u bolts dont appear to be grade 8 so I dont want to use a prevailing nut on them. Does anybody have this swaybar installed? And do you have pictures of how it is installed? The instructions online and what came with the bar are pretty rudimentary. It looks like a 8 year old wrote them and illustrated them. I'm looking for a picture of the relation of the bar to the axle tube. Thanks in advance.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote