The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Derek.Matirne

Missing at idle

Maybe someone on hear has had this problem, and can help me..... 350 with new HEI, misses when at idle.... It did this before I replaced it... Timing light shows some of the plugs missing on occasion, not constantly.... I have not replaced the plugs or wires, because the both look good... Also I am running open exhaust just in front of the rear wheels... Could lack of back pressure cause this? When I give it gas, it runs great, just Disney doing great at idle....
Derek.Matirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
bill3rail

Re: Missing at idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek.Matirne View Post
Maybe someone on hear has had this problem, and can help me..... 350 with new HEI, misses when at idle.... It did this before I replaced it... Timing light shows some of the plugs missing on occasion, not constantly.... I have not replaced the plugs or wires, because the both look good... Also I am running open exhaust just in front of the rear wheels... Could lack of back pressure cause this? When I give it gas, it runs great, just Disney doing great at idle....
Looks have been very deceiving on wires!
I have had 6 month old wires crap out on me before.
Check it with total darkness and you may see the 4th of July under the hood.

Bill
bill3rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Missing at idle

Plug wires if you have a multi meter check them. If you have a temp gun check each tube from the headers to see witch is coldest there you can change that one or two wires. If you don't have that squirt a little water out of a spray bottle on the tubes to see witch doesn't "fry" the water. the missing hole will just run the water off the firing hole it will sizzle and burn off instantly. just don't go crazy with the water.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote