The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2003, 12:26 AM   #1
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

First sour Ebay deal

Well I finally had my first sour Ebay deal. I had a buddy list my diesel enging on Ebay. The guy that won it is a week over due on sending the payment. Plus the only Email responce I got from his was when I threatened to turn him into Ebay as a deadbeat buyer. Then I haven't heard from him since. He said his wife forgot to mail the payment last week. I don't think he's a board member, but I still needed to rant about it little......

Chuck

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:48 AM   #2
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Location: salt lake city, utah Home of the 3 M's Mormons, methlabs and minivans
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but at least you're not out any money. I am going through a bad deal on eBay right now. Won an auction for a clean front fender for my 67. I dont like aftermarket sheetmetal. So, I send $111.00 to him, 2 weeks, no response. I email him, he said he had to take it off of the truck. The photo in the auction had the fender sitting on he ground. So we go back and forth, 2 weeks later, no response, no fender. So I email him again, this time he tells me he works for some government agency and was called out to Florida. He asks if I would like to end the deal, I said yes. 2 more weeks, still no money and no fender and no email response. I will be posting some very bad feedback on him. This is my first bad deal on eBay, and I have been on there since 1998. His eBay user name is chevy-kid. I dont care if he is a board member or not, he stole money from me and lied about it.
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Chevy Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Topgoat

Well, wait until you buy a "MINT CONDITION, NO RUST, READY FOR THE CAR SHOWS" 69 GMC with 49,000 original miles on it. Pheww, was I ever shocked to see this piece of schtick. Buyer beware and all that stuff. Negative feedback means very little to these guys.
Topgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Truck Hippy

You can request the sellers phone number and address from ebay. I have done this on a dead beat before. A good friend of mine sold a car on ebay and the guy backed out. It was a fixer upper and no big deal but the guy posted Bad feed back on my friend. Some mean e-mail went back and forth and finally my buddy said he waited till the guy had a car on there and he ran the bidding up to 20 grand on it. He said the guy was only asking 3-4 grand i think. The guy finally said he was sorry and paid my buddy the listing fee.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:09 PM   #5
gmc383

bad deals

Interesting to me is that I have 200 deals on ebay, with only one burn, while I have 8 deals on this board, and have been burned twice. I am sorry to hear about the bad luck, but believe me unfortunately it is shared. thanks
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
mikep
Used to have a truck

Ive been burned as many times by board members ( YOU know who you are ! email me if you want to know too ) as I have on ebay so I'll second that .
Old 05-04-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
griesel72

i haven't dealt on ebay, yet, but they don't have a set way to make sure that both parties get what they deserve?

That just doesn't seem right

david
2006 King Ranch
1980 Wife
griesel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

now ive only been burned on ebay once and on here once from Rayville body the guy on Ebay was my76vette who eventually did come back and pay me my money back but who left me negative feedback
Oh well!most of the guys on here are great people and never burn ya

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote