The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
Richard2112

Question on Cab mounts '70 C30

So the snow is finally melting and I decided to take a close look at what's left of my rocker panels. One of the things I've learned is the door needs to be in it's proper position before doing the rockers. My door needs tweaked slightly and it shows as it's quite close to the rocker and maybe a 3/8 inch gap at the top. I believe my door could go up slightly.

Looking at the gap between the fender and the door shows the gap to be about 3/16 at the bottom and almost no gap at all near the top of the fender. The door and fender almost touch at the top. I'm thinking my cab mounts sagging over the years could be the cause. So I'm considering replacing the cab mounts then adjusting my door then doing my rockers.

I've looked a cab mounts at several sites and none really give any height dimensions. Measuring my forward cab mount on the drivers side, I see that the rubber seems to be about 1 3/16. Does that seem right? Could someone advise me on what that height should be?
Attached Images

Richard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote