The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Urathane cab mounts

I went against my own advise on this, but for the guys that have seen the pics, the longhorn has a steel tilt clip. This only leaves 4 points for the cab to bolt . The cab was moving around quite a bit , while using the clutch......its a little "jumpy" anyway with 4.10 gears, & a 6 spd Richmond with a 3.28 1st gear(very low). Lower axle speed= less tirespin, & the truck goes a lot straighter on takeoff. I havent had a chance to really try it out yet, but the 1st 3 gears to 6000 rpms ,puts the truck @ 78 mph.......and quick! I have spent some time working on the driveline angles(again), cab mounts yesterday, & need to shim the hinge point on the clip(new mount sit the cab a little higher). I had a broken baffle in one of the Turbo muffs, so the 40s Flows went back on(for now anyway). I have a few odds & ends yet to do on the truck......but pretty much spent the "alotment" on the truck for the season. Maybe some doorglass will be next on the list..... paint someday! For anybody looking at urathane mounts, Summit stock them for $51. overcast & rain today, so I havent tryed them out yet, but Im sure the truck will have a stiffer ride. crazyL, rowin the Chev
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:24 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

One thing to remember, I have heard people complain that the Urathane cab mounts don't give enough flex. The cab and bed are way more likely to bump each other.
I doubt that'll be an issue on a longhorn being they have a stiffer frame...but a normal C/10...
Just so ppl know. Let us know what happens Al.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

yes, those old frame do flex a bunch! For my app & usage I dont think I will be bumping parts, but the longhorns do have a fairly stiff frame compaired to the other pickups. Off road, or heavily loaded might be an issue with the urathane. crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:45 AM   #4
krazy_texan

i have the urathanes and i have no problem with them on my c/20
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote