The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
kiwikid

Re: My truck got hit yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
calif has so many rules and you have to pay throw the nose.its so expensive here as it is.if i had a 1969-70 and driving in calif i run a rail road tie the smaller one.one guy in riverside has a hitch in the front of his truck with a push long bar on it.its saved his truck 3 times from kids or people blowing stop lights or stop signs.

He told me he waited 30 sec and the guy behind him honked his horn he went some kid in a rice burner runs the red light he clipped the side of his car put a jagged rip down the side of the car be he kept on going.

Its so bad here in calif no one wants to stop and there just looking to kill you or your family
agreed i live in so ca i see it everyday sucks
kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
1SG.Rob

Uh oh, USAA might want to try to total it. They just told me they are doing extended market research to find the value of the vehicle.
1SG.Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG.Rob View Post
They just told me they are doing extended market research to find the value of the vehicle.
Here we go again, that VALUE question. Asking price vs. selling price of the same model, same feature, same body and same mechanical condition. So how much will it cost you to negotiate a deal for another basically indentical replacement? How long will it take to find this replacement? Add in inspection and transportation costs to vehicle cost if not found locally anymore. Time to do your own market research!
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
twouvakind

I too have USAA , just because you have the coverage through (any insurance company)does not mean they have to pay. I am dealing with an underinsured motorist claim(from 2016, still) on my daily driver. One thing I have learned is to purchase as much insurance as you can afford. There are many uninsured and underinsured motorists out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG.Rob View Post
Uh oh, USAA might want to try to total it. They just told me they are doing extended market research to find the value of the vehicle.
twouvakind is offline   Reply With Quote