The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
Harleymike

Now it starts

Got my 66 in the garage now. Made a list of things i need. Now to start tearing it apart.
One thing I didn't realize when i brought it, was the very back passengers end of the frame is tweaked up. It sits about 1 1/4 high. When i looked at the truck it had a flat tire and I didn't catch it. Now that i look at it even the bumper is tweaked up. Its a weird bumper. It bolts to the fenders and wraps around the tail lights. Strange thing. I don't think its stock.
No big deal. Im tearing it completely apart so I'll have to find someone to bend the frame back. The rest of the frame, in front of the rear axle and the drivers side seams to site correctly.
I will post pics as i go. I figure its a two year job for my son and I. Maybe a year.

Mike
Harleymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
rvrfoot

Re: Now it starts

This is no problem i do it all the time. I put a 4x4 where the frame is straight right at the bend to the ground. Then i have a eye bolt in my shop floor. Put a strap from the eye bolt to the frame then fix a needed.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:46 AM   #3
Harleymike

Re: Now it starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrfoot View Post
This is no problem i do it all the time. I put a 4x4 where the frame is straight right at the bend to the ground. Then i have a eye bolt in my shop floor. Put a strap from the eye bolt to the frame then fix a needed.
Sounds like a good idea. That would work.
I was kinda bummed when i saw this, but I know it can be fixed.
Harleymike is offline   Reply With Quote