The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
No Handle Sam

Newbie from Atlanta

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group and say hello. We picked up a 1948 3100 a few months ago and have since been really bitten by the Advance Design bug. My wife had always had a thing for old trucks (duh... who doesn't?) so I decided to surprise her with one for a big birthday that she has coming up in a couple of years. I figured that I had better get started early not knowing what was out there and even if I found something quickly it might take awhile to get it restored to be able to give it to her. That being said... of course I found one right away. It was basically a one owner truck that they said had never been out of a 100 mile radius of a small town in SC. The story goes that original owner purchased in from a local dealership in 48 and kept it until he passed away. Then it was handed down to the mans son. He did a "backyard" restoration on it about 15 years ago. So it's not perfect, but I thought it was in pretty good shape. (at least it didn't have any rust on it) When the son started having some heath issue they decided to sell it. I think I just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Anyway... I couldn't very well hide the truck for the next two years. So I went ahead and surprised my wife with it. Needless to say she loved it. We drove it for a little over a month and it ran and drove fine and we really enjoyed it. But we found ourselves in a dilemma. It ran and drove like a 70 year old truck. Which was great, but it wasn't very practical as she wanted to make it her daily driver. Something that we could take on long trips if we wanted to. Not just have the truck spend most of the time in the garage and only come out for the occasional weekend short drive to the local car show.

So we decided to make it a restro-mod. Which we are currently in the middle of. Can't wait to finish it. Looking forward to learning everything we can from the forum. Thanks in advance.

Sam
No Handle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Byoung330

Re: Newbie from Atlanta

Welcome aboard! I’m east of you in the Greene County/Lake Oconee area