The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #1051
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Just drive it. It the steering wheel (got off when intermediate shaft was changed) aligned right. I may touch up the bed and put home grown bed liner in it since the inside of the bed is a different color. The 64is the same idea. No big tear downs, just drive, enjoy, tinker.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #1052
thenewminator

picked up this 91 Cheyenne 6 weeks ago for $975. not particularly solid or straight or clean but it runs really strong for 209+K on it. it isn't a dd I just like having a truck around & iv already put it to work a few times. what really sold me is the 4.3/5 spd OD. Prob sounds stupid to most but I wanted something decent on gas & I really wanted a manual but really needed a decent size truck. it cruises really nice after putting $300+ in brakes parts and a new exhaust system from the Y-pipe back on it(really just the Y,an aftermarket cat & dynomax muffler,no tailpipe). I scored a set of truck rallies with 255/70's on the rear & 225/75's on the front. didn't get pics with the rallies yet. I didn't exactly "want' rallies but I did want wider wheels,something sorta dressy,i did get a really good deal on them,however, from a friend(theburmanator) so I figured what the hell. but other than a stereo upgrade & a coat of primer on the lower half I don't have any plans for it.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #1053
thenewminator

it stopped snowing just long enough to get the truck out of the garage & get a few picks with the rallies.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #1054
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice. I love the look of the 88-98 trucks with the pre 88 ralleys.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #1055
Marty68

X2 on the rallies.and the 4.3 5 spd. i had a NEW 90 w/t 26 mpg on the freeway. my newes truck still in pieces has has 4.3 5spd. i also have rallies for it. i have renewed my energy to finish it. looking forward to driving it
Marty68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #1056
fluffyfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred72chevy View Post
2000 crew cab longbox leather interior 83,000 miles with 6" lift on 18" wheels and 35" tires...454 7.4l...all new front end with billet grill and billet bowtie with led parklights and new headlights and corners with the "smoothie" front bumper....lots more to come
Really diggin this rig! Need one to tow my junk! And i like the color thinking of painting my dime something along these lines
fluffyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #1057
Possmguts

This was my last truck.. I miss her big ass.
Attached Images

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #1058
paderolis

Lots of great looking and awesome trucks and SUVs!! Here is mine; 1996 Silverado 5.7 350 V8. It has just under 135K on it. Looking at so many beauties gives a guy so many mod ideas! lol!

paderolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #1059
Cape Codder

Nice clean desert truck. Any plans for a tailgate treatment?
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #1060
paderolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Nice clean desert truck. Any plans for a tailgate treatment?
Yes sir; I pulled the Chevrolet placard off the same time I did the side molding but was never able to get all of the residue off. I tried Goo Gone and even some professional grade stuff from the detail shop at my job, but it seems embedded in the paint. I may have to get it repainted, along with the right side of the bed. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 12-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #1061
lowlife4life

There is a rubber wheel used for pinstripe removal you can buy it at any parts store it works great and is about 20 cad. So it will be much cheaper for you lol
lowlife4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #1062
paderolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife4life View Post
There is a rubber wheel used for pinstripe removal you can buy it at any parts store it works great and is about 20 cad. So it will be much cheaper for you lol
Thank you so much for the tip, I will definitely look for it!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #1063
Cape Codder

The rubber stripe remover took my tailgate adhesive off easily. I use them in my body shop all the time to remove decals or moulding adhesive or double sided tape residue.

I got an old emblem from the 60's I think it is off the rear body panel of a Nova. I had to grind the back flat and fill with bondo to put it on with double sided tape.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #1064
lowlife4life

Damn that is cool. Really nice touch
Old 12-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #1065
Cape Codder

That is an idea I stole from this site. I don't remember who had posted it as it was so many threads ago. The rear lights cut into the bumper I will take credit for. I needed to have lights that could be switched on with the truck in park to launch and retrieve my boats at night.

Bob
Old 12-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #1066
lowlife4life

I actually noticed when I went back to look again. Was focused on the chrome lol
Old 12-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #1067
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
my wifes 20 and 22 just clean
Missed this one before. That's a seriously clean truck, which is no shock given your other trucks. Always loved that two tone on an extended cab.
killthewabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #1068
93M6Formula

I suppose i'll post my rigs.

This is my old '98 K1500 5.7 Auto. I miss this truck and wish I wouldn't have sold it. Had 203K when I got rid of it. Local guy still has it and takes excellent care of it at least,

I sold the '98 to buy my '95 K2500 6.5L Diesel Auto. The truck sat for 5 years because of a bad trans. Fired right up for the first time in 5 years and i've put 13K trouble free miles on it so far after the new trans.

This is the day i got it. Couldn't believe how clean it was from sitting, didn't even wash it yet.

Making progress.

And a year later as of last month, I still have a lot more things to do but I love this truck.

Last edited by 93M6Formula; 12-06-2014 at 12:11 AM.
93M6Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #1069
swiftyschevys

/Users/chrisswift/Desktop/IMG_1947.JPG
My 95 350 I'm beginning to sink my wallet and heart into. My grandfather bought this truck in 2000 but has had at least (7) 88-98 rcsb 2 wheel drives w/350. Never left one of them stock. He built street rods his whole life and was a pretty famous builder. His love and skill for auto motives rubbed off on me so I am now 24 and just graduated college and am opening my own auto shop by April 2015. Anyways my grandfather who raised me and taught me everything I knew Passed October 2nd 2014. This 1995 beauty was left to me and was his last and only vehicle. He had already had the 3/4 drop done, flow master exhaust, rebadged, tinted, wheels (but not these ones), corvette servo, and a few other things. Well since I have owned it as a tribute to him I'm going all out on this truck cosmetically then I will be building the 350 and keep you guys posted. I have put the 18x8 riddler w/ 235/55/18 on front and 18x9.5 255/55/18 rear, alpine speakers and radio, billet grille, crystal headlights running lights and markers, new rear bumper, new taillights, new mirrors, new carpet, new suede headliner, and best of all suede and leather bench seat cover for $750 as well as suede inserts in the doors, and put the bed cover on. I am beginning to get this thing where I want it and am really happy with the progress. Contemplating a 4/6 drop but I pull a Baja so not practical but other than getting the paint cleaned up real nice this winter and possibly re routing exhaust Its almost where I want. Please feel free on suggestions for rerouting the exhaust (i.e side exit, different tips etc.) but this is my beloved chevy at the moment that I will die with. I can't picture a better vehicle to remember and tribute him with and every time I look at my pappys truck I smile. Here are some pics and I will be keep you guys updated as well as posting pictures of all the other 88-98 silverados he had.
Attached Images

swiftyschevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #1070
swiftyschevys

A few more shots of the all new fresh interior. plus one photo of before. This truck was a daily driver since 2000 and work truck for me in 2012 so the carpet, the cloth, and the headliner was a mess. I actually have a landscaping business that exists only because my grandpa let me use this truck for the first year. We scratched it and ruined the interior but my good ole loving grandpa didn't care because he was helping me. Just the type of person he was.
Attached Images

Last edited by swiftyschevys; 12-11-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #1071
swiftyschevys

Heres the truck when it was my work truck in 2012 as well as the way it looked in 2000 when he bought which is the picture with the big wide american eagles on it. This was replaced by the white 2002 5.3 4x4 silver ado which I love as a work truck
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #1072
swiftyschevys

1995 Chevy silverado

A few more pics in its current state
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #1073
swiftyschevys

Grampys 88-98 chevy trucks

Red one is 91 350, black one is 93, the only 4x4 he ever owned which is the one pulling the boat was a 93 but was only to pull his 27 ft. baja. These are the only ones I've found pictures of so far, but many more to come. This was the early 90's so the pin striping and weld wheels were all that then. But as always he did the bell tech 3/4 drop. And the last photo is of my grandfathers 1936 cabriolet with the rumble seat, 350 crate motor, street rodded from front to back in his garage over a year. Just one of his many restored/street rods he was put in magazines for. (thats me in the seat) As you can see my passion for cars has come from him, and his life was cars, and he was my life, so his unexpected passing in october has driven me to share his passions with others who do as well. Thanks for reading and glad I joined this forum. Look forward to meeting some guys.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #1074
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Dang, your grandfather had some good taste in cars/trucks. Good looking truck man
killthewabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #1075
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Re: Grampys 88-98 chevy trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftyschevys View Post
/Users/chrisswift/Desktop/IMG_1947.JPG
My 95 350 I'm beginning to sink my wallet and heart into. My grandfather bought this truck in 2000 but has had at least (7) 88-98 rcsb 2 wheel drives w/350. Never left one of them stock. He built street rods his whole life and was a pretty famous builder. His love and skill for auto motives rubbed off on me so I am now 24 and just graduated college and am opening my own auto shop by April 2015. Anyways my grandfather who raised me and taught me everything I knew Passed October 2nd 2014. This 1995 beauty was left to me and was his last and only vehicle. He had already had the 3/4 drop done, flow master exhaust, rebadged, tinted, wheels (but not these ones), corvette servo, and a few other things. Well since I have owned it as a tribute to him I'm going all out on this truck cosmetically then I will be building the 350 and keep you guys posted. I have put the 18x8 riddler w/ 235/55/18 on front and 18x9.5 255/55/18 rear, alpine speakers and radio, billet grille, crystal headlights running lights and markers, new rear bumper, new taillights, new mirrors, new carpet, new suede headliner, and best of all suede and leather bench seat cover for $750 as well as suede inserts in the doors, and put the bed cover on. I am beginning to get this thing where I want it and am really happy with the progress. Contemplating a 4/6 drop but I pull a Baja so not practical but other than getting the paint cleaned up real nice this winter and possibly re routing exhaust Its almost where I want. Please feel free on suggestions for rerouting the exhaust (i.e side exit, different tips etc.) but this is my beloved chevy at the moment that I will die with. I can't picture a better vehicle to remember and tribute him with and every time I look at my pappys truck I smile. Here are some pics and I will be keep you guys updated as well as posting pictures of all the other 88-98 silverados he had.
Quote:
A few more shots of the all new fresh interior. plus one photo of before. This truck was a daily driver since 2000 and work truck for me in 2012 so the carpet, the cloth, and the headliner was a mess. I actually have a landscaping business that exists only because my grandpa let me use this truck for the first year. We scratched it and ruined the interior but my good ole loving grandpa didn't care because he was helping me. Just the type of person he was.
Quote:
Heres the truck when it was my work truck in 2012 as well as the way it looked in 2000 when he bought which is the picture with the big wide american eagles on it. This was replaced by the white 2002 5.3 4x4 silver ado which I love as a work truck
Quote:
A few more pics in its current state
Quote:
Red one is 91 350, black one is 93, the only 4x4 he ever owned which is the one pulling the boat was a 93 but was only to pull his 27 ft. baja. These are the only ones I've found pictures of so far, but many more to come. This was the early 90's so the pin striping and weld wheels were all that then. But as always he did the bell tech 3/4 drop. And the last photo is of my grandfathers 1936 cabriolet with the rumble seat, 350 crate motor, street rodded from front to back in his garage over a year. Just one of his many restored/street rods he was put in magazines for. (thats me in the seat) As you can see my passion for cars has come from him, and his life was cars, and he was my life, so his unexpected passing in october has driven me to share his passions with others who do as well. Thanks for reading and glad I joined this forum. Look forward to meeting some guys.
That's a nice looking truck you inherited. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I'm glad to hear his passion rubbed off on you. I dig those 90's trucks too! Welcome to the forum.

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote