The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
codyon35s

Mermaid-68 Chevy Suburban

I've been wanting a Suburban for a while and picked this 68 up in May. I've been driving the hell out of it since. It has had a decent attempt at a restoration 3-5 years ago from what I could gather. The body work leaves quite a bit to be desired. I joke and say she's "good from far but far from good". The interior is well done and really nice. Everything seems to be there and in place. The cargo area floor has a wood kit installed like the truck bed kits. Haven't really dug in to know whether this is a custom deal or a kit or what. The little 283 runs like a sewing machine and the TH350 shifts good and hasn't given me any trouble. I did have to adjust the linkage from the column to the transmission cause it was all out of whack. But I got it lined up and adjusted the reverse switch so my reverse lights aren't on in drive anymore. She rolls on 8 inch wide factory 15's that were trimmed with beauty rings and baby moons. I scooped up and threw on a set of factory poverty caps though. The bling ring and caps just weren't my thing. I've got a lot planned for Mermaid but for now I'm just gonna keep driving her around and enjoying this awesome, hot, Louisiana summer. Can't wait till Cruisin' the Coast!
Attached Images

codyon35s is offline   Reply With Quote